Search

Quick help needed please

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Quick help needed please

My brother in law is flying back to LHR tonight from DFW on the 11 PM 777 flight. Does anyone know or how to find out if this plane has the newer upgraded PE cabin?

Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:42 am
Suspended

Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by richardwft
thanks. How does flight aware tell me if the PE is updated?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
WTP is rows 21 to 25, and it looks like it is G-VIIM. (I think VIIF was yesterday's service). I found the latter out via Flightradar24. According to thebasource - in the aircraft section - this is Thales, so a good IFE, though not quite as good as Panasonic. According to the Dashboard thread in this forum, it also has Wifi.

If you need to ask again, it's really helpful if you include the flight number and make the title a little more descriptive to make it easier to assist.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
WTP is rows 21 to 25, and it looks like it is G-VIIM. (I think VIIF was yesterday's service). I found the latter out via Flightradar24. According to thebasource - in the aircraft section - this is Thales, so a good IFE, though not quite as good as Panasonic. According to the Dashboard thread in this forum, it also has Wifi.

If you need to ask again, it's really helpful if you include the flight number and make the title a little more descriptive to make it easier to assist.
Thanks. I tried searching for a thread to assist me but the search function on here sucks so it revealed nothing.

I thought BA only flew one flight a day from DFW so that's why I didn't post the flight number.

So it's an upgraded PE or not? Sorry I can't tell from your answer only that the IFE is good.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by enviroian
I thought BA only flew one flight a day from DFW so that's why I didn't post the flight number.

So it's an upgraded PE or not? Sorry I can't tell from your answer only that the IFE is good.
If you don't give the flight number, then everyone who wants to help is probably going to need to look it up first in order to get the registration, hence it's useful to provide.

"Upgraded PE" would need to be defined. I think there are about 4 sorts of WTP seating out there, there is legacy WTP which you see on mid 747s, somewhat battered. There is the rather nice WTP on A380s and 787s, and there is the slightly different, smarter version on the new LGW aircraft. The fourth seat - which applies here - is effectively the same as the legacy version, but with newer upholstery, power sockets and less likely to to have faulty head-rests etc. So effectively renewed legacy seating. But still some gap between that and the A380 / LGW seats. I think you can also argue that the Super J seat is a bit different too, but it's pretty close to the fourth seat in my list.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian
Thanks. I tried searching for a thread to assist me but the search function on here sucks so it revealed nothing.

Yes it appears to have a decent IFE and an upgraded seat
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
PE (22K) in G-VIIF, from a flight last month. As noted, the IFE was ‘decent’.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Mar 18, 2019 at 9:23 am Reason: You dig out a nice image of VIIF, then someone changes the equipment to VIIM ...
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks all for the assistance and suggestions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.