Search

Access to Delta.com in Tanzania?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM / 2MM, Marriott Titanium, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Access to Delta.com in Tanzania?

Hi all,
We are working in Tanzania this week, and have been trying to access the Delta website to arrange future flights. However, we are being denied access to the site. We have tried this from my laptop, cell phone and iPad - and page comes up with "denied access". Have also tried this with other access points in our hotel, and none of us can access.

*we can not obviously get to the "Contact Us" link to advise us. Also, do not have Twitter and would prefer to not download/install from here.

Any thoughts? Is there a way to determine if Delta has been denied access to all of TZ?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:20 pm

Have you tried using a VPN (https://nordvpn.com/ or similar)?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM / 2MM, Marriott Titanium, Hertz-Presidents Circle
No, have not tried VPN's. We only have short bursts of time where we have internet. Will advise if this is the route we use.

At present, we have reached out to Delta on FB messenger. Waiting on a response.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:18 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
How about the Delta app on your phone? I’ve never had a problem, and we just left Tanzania yesterday. Used the app just fine. In fact, I used the DL, KLM and Air France apps just fine.

On a side note, this is our first AMS connection and the new Lounge 52 is a HUGE improvement. Big props to KLM!

Of course, it’s still as crowded as ever. It just “feels” much less crowded because of the excellent layout.

Wow, I guess the new lounge isn’t even 50% done yet. It’s going to be double the size. I like the upstairs. I hope they fix the shower situation soon.

Last edited by TheHorta; Feb 20, 2019 at 11:41 pm
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:04 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Is it always at your hotel that you are denied?

Some establishments have crapware that blocks access to sites on some list. This would generate a message like you describe.

I am not aware of any such blocking by DL, and even if it existed I really doubt they would have such a poor error message.
TheHorta and Shadowfactor like this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
I've had this happen occasionally for certain airlines while overseas for work.

It's the internet provider. Use a VPN
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by exwannabe

Some establishments have crapware that blocks access to sites on some list. This would generate a message like you describe.
Hahaha, when I worked for UA, the Southwest.com website was inaccessible from inside their airport ops network. It was like that every time I tried it over a few years, so I don't think it was a fluke. Other airline websites worked fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.