Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Availability on aa.com, but not ba.com

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Availability on aa.com, but not ba.com

Hoping to use my Ultimate Rewards to book Avios from Europe to US. When I search aa.com I find availability for my route (BRU-LHR-PHL-MCI), but not when I search ba.com. The route uses BA from BRU-LHR, then AA from LHR-PHL-MCI. If I call BA will they charge more to book it? If so, any way to get this to appear on ba.com?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Need AAsaver availability to be able to book with BA avios.
You may be seeing AA anytime availability on the AA web site
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Thanks - I should have mentioned that. It's SAAver:

Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Are the component parts available on ba.com? I.e. the BRU-LHR and the LHR-PHL-MCI searched for separately.

If so, this is a problem I encounter pretty often as ba.com doesn't seem to easily accommodate more than 2 segment award itineraries. I think you may have to call although whether BA will look to charge you for doing so I don't definitively know.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

All individual segments are available on ba.com. It's just frustrating I can't get their web site to show the entire routing.
orbitmic and wlai like this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by stevehuff
All individual segments are available on ba.com. It's just frustrating I can't get their web site to show the entire routing.
A frustration I am all too familiar with. If you do end up calling please report the outcome in respect of charges.
orbitmic and wlai like this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
If you book a trip through BA telephone bookings that you cannot book online they usually waive the telephone surcharge. Just make sure you ask.
wlai likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:18 pm

I am seeing the same thing. I honestly don't know how BA's website can be this bad in 2019. They really need to shake up their IT department.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.