Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can flights on different locator codes be on the same PNR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

I have a TP run coming up. It has 10 sectors. One of the flight times changed which put my connection time from the previous flight below MCT. The agent was able to swap me to a later flight but in doing that she had to split the original BA locator into 2 locators... all the sectors up to the flight before the changed flight on the original BA locator... and then the flight before the changed flight, the changed flight and the final flight of the trip (these were the final 3 sectors) on a new BA locator.

The connecting flight was a BA code and so the agent said she had to put the last 3 sectors on a new BA locator for her system to allow it.

Am I right in saying that as the trip was booked through AA and all the sectors are still on the same AA locator then they are still all on the same PNR with AA ( and so I still have protection in case of IRROPS)?

I am pretty sure this is so but I have never done this before so I thought I'd ask
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
I have a TP run coming up. It has 10 sectors. One of the flight times changed which put my connection time from the previous flight below MCT. The agent was able to swap me to a later flight but in doing that she had to split the original BA locator into 2 locators... all the sectors up to the flight before the changed flight on the original BA locator... and then the flight before the changed flight, the changed flight and the final flight of the trip (these were the final 3 sectors) on a new BA locator.

The connecting flight was a BA code and so the agent said she had to put the last 3 sectors on a new BA locator for her system to allow it.

Am I right in saying that as the trip was booked through AA and all the sectors are still on the same AA locator then they are still all on the same PNR with AA ( and so I still have protection in case of IRROPS)?

I am pretty sure this is so but I have never done this before so I thought I'd ask
You're right. AA and BA use different systems, so when you buy a ticket with AA, you'll have a single AA PNR and one or more BA PNRs. Nothing to worry about!
snaxmuppet likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As long as you have booked a through ticket , there is nothing to be concerned about. A record locator is just a code to find a booking in a system. Different airlines use different systems and may end up with several locators for 1 journey when split across carriers
snaxmuppet likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:29 pm

A locator is just another name for a PNR - they are the same thing.

Your booking can have multiple PNRs/locators in both the BA and AA systems. I would expect it still all to be on one ticket.
snaxmuppet likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
A friend of mine has just received a booking confirmation where there are two e-ticket numbers within the one PNR. It’s all with one airline, not Oneworld, but this seemed like a good opportunity to ask - is it common to have more than one e-ticket number?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:46 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by WickedStepMother
A friend of mine has just received a booking confirmation where there are two e-ticket numbers within the one PNR. It’s all with one airline, not Oneworld, but this seemed like a good opportunity to ask - is it common to have more than one e-ticket number?
It's usually 4 segments per e-ticket number, so if your friend has more then 4 segments, they'll have more then one e-ticket number. it's still one ticket though.
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by megaloman
It's usually 4 segments per e-ticket number, so if your friend has more then 4 segments, they'll have more then one e-ticket number. it's still one ticket though.
Thank you!

There you are @SwanseaVillanReturns! This should put your mind at rest!
S_W_S likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.