Wiki Posts
Search

Pleasant Surprise [with GC South lounge]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Gold
Pleasant Surprise [with GC South lounge]

Being used to the GF lounge, I was not expecting much in the Galleries South lounge when there yesterday for breakfast with my family. How wrong I was 😱

I believe that the buffet breakfast there is now of a quite good standard. In fact, those non full breakfast lovers may believe it is of a higher standard the buffet in GF.
HIDDY and Sealink like this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:15 am

Programs: BA Silver
A bowl of cereal or a bacon butty is better than in GF??
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:18 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
I like the pastries and the bacon rolls... honestly it is enough for me. But I'll be going to the GF lounge for the first time in a few weeks so I may change my tune then...
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Have a look and you will see that it was different! The presentation is the first thing that you will notice. Smoothies (daughter happy), a Spanish type omelette (wife happy), better rolls for the bacon rolls, excellent freshly cut fruit (me happy), beans and toast (son happy). Cereals, drinks, etc seemed to be the same.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Emirates, Hilton, Marriott, SPG
Last time I was in there breakfast included hash browns, baked beans as well as the usual omelette or bacon baps.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by Dubliner1
Have a look and you will see that it was different! The presentation is the first thing that you will notice. Smoothies (daughter happy), a Spanish type omelette (wife happy), better rolls for the bacon rolls, excellent freshly cut fruit (me happy), beans and toast (son happy). Cereals, drinks, etc seemed to be the same.
That is encouraging....I'll be in on Thursday morning hungry after a long drive so look forward to trying a few things.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I was pleasantly surprised after a B gate departure and time in Galleries Club 5B to see hash browns and a vegetarian frittata thst isn’t In GF at breakfast though the glasses for juice were thimble sized.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Dubliner1
Sounds more than enough for the average person. ^
Sealink likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:19 am
Original Poster

KeaneJohn is right - the smoothie glasses are small but nothing to stop you getting a larger glass from elsewhere in the lounge should one want to.

Interestingly, the Al Mourjan lounge yesterday morning had less freshly cut fruit than the GC South lounge even if it had papaya which my wife likes. She also found food easier to find in GC South.
Sealink likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:48 am

Just to follow up on this pleasant thread I visited both north and south GC lounges today.

The bacon rolls are indeed much tastier and less dry than before and a nifty size as well.

The frittatas were very good as are the potato fritters with some beans.

All we need now are sausage omelettes and we'll be rivalling the Flounge hehe.

One strange aspect was no strawberry smoothie in north lounge....only in south.

I thought it was a tad thin but nevertheless a welcome addition.

Overall much improved!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.