Wiki Posts
Search

Live From the PIP

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 1999, 6:32 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk
Original Poster

Live From the PIP

Well, this is live and with over 60 people from around the world, we've all found home with our miles and points. A beautiful day here in Honolulu and the hospitality extended by the staff of the Sheraton Moana Surfrider (Starwood Preferred Guest) has been extraordinary... More news to come.
Old Nov 5, 1999, 6:38 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk
Original Poster

I love these people! Gotta do this every year.
Old Nov 5, 1999, 6:54 pm
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
I'm glad to hear that the PIP express made it safely into Hawaii, and the the party on the upper deck didn't rock it off course. I felt a little lonely walking down the concourse after everyone had boarded the plane, then I spotted MRLIMO rushing to get on board.

I met with Matt Wald this afternoon at the El Conquistador Resort here In Tucson, we had some iced tea by the pool, an excellent location for a S.T.I.F.F.S. meeting!

Best regards to all, I'm looking forward to hearing all about the continuing PiP and seeing the Photos.
Old Nov 5, 1999, 8:40 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA2MM
Only wish I could have made it, hopefully next time!
Old Nov 5, 1999, 11:13 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Gee it feels good to be a STIFF!

BTW, old gold, Lil' Abner's was a little, shall we say, rustic for my sophisticated crowd. The meat, however, was excellent.

Only 18 hours 'til the PiP Express Part II, this time played out with complete strangers. I hope my upstairs compatriots will be up to it. And that Joyce is there...
Old Nov 6, 1999, 6:56 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Glad to hear everyone's having such a great time! Keep it up!

BTW- Lil Abners is great to go to- at least once! Great huge Porterhouse steaks (2 lb?) on the grill, but "divey" may be more accurate than rustic! I'm guessing you ate outside. Next time I'll have to check to see if your name is prominently carved somewhere on the walls.
Old Nov 6, 1999, 7:57 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Doc, how could you forget to mention that amazing view across the ravine...from any seat outside?

Still, the best part was the meat...
Old Nov 6, 1999, 8:05 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Way too omni but "View?" Hey, it's close to the interstate too, so that truckers can easily take a quick stop and get a great meal! Where else do you find such an eclectic crowd? Maybe FT's?
Old Nov 6, 1999, 9:30 am
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, DL Gold, Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium
Matt... hurry up and get your butt here! Everybody's been waiting for you (and betting on the tennis match).
Old Nov 6, 1999, 10:43 am
Original Member

Programs: CO Gold, AA Gold, HH Diamond, IC Plat Ambassador
Raeban and I would just like to add that this is the absolute BEST group of folks anywhere! We're having such a great time and can only hope that the rest of you enjoy it vicariously. And if anyone sees auh20 this morning, please tell him the Ilikai security folks have been mollified and he is no longer personna non grata there...
Old Nov 6, 1999, 10:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Posting from my (somehow magically upgraded) room at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, overlooking the beautiful Pacific, here on another beautiful morning in Honolulu.

I continue to be amazed at all the hard work and planning our PIP Committe have done to make this a truly phenomenal experience. Next PIP I would advise all of you to do whatever it takes to get there. Life is too short to let little things like mortgages and jobs stand in the way of having this much fun.

Everything has been perfect--PURRFECT! The Catman is the world's best social director, stamping our passports and making sure we all have fun. Tropical keeps track of all of us and makes sure we eat and find our right room at the end of the day--well at least some room. auh20 has this palatial estate somewhere at the very top of the hotel so lost souls can crash there in huge numbers if necessary. PremEx--well what can I say--despite all the time it takes to tend the sheep, he still makes the immense effort to work away, long into the night, assuring that you less fortunate souls can see, first hand, how much fun we are having and can be properly sinfully, lustfully JEALOUS. Rudi sits around grinning like a proud Poppa, watching the master plan unfold.

They should all be proud as punch. This really is an astounding accomplishment.

Oh, and Randy has been buying the booze! Yeah Randy!!!

Wish you were ALL here!

[This message has been edited by Punki (edited 11-06-1999).]
Old Nov 6, 1999, 10:49 am
Suspended

It is now Post Chocolate and finally my posts show up. I you hear any strange rumors about bikini babes spraying silly string, take it all with a grain of salt.

Never believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.

Wish you were ALL here!

Old Nov 6, 1999, 10:56 am
Suspended

Ooooopps.

Wish you were ALL here!

Old Nov 6, 1999, 10:59 am
Suspended

I tried to post a report but it doesn't show up. Hmmmmmmm. Well it might not show up, or it may show up three times. In the meantime, I am going to go enjoy the PIP. Wish you were here.
Old Nov 6, 1999, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Oh, Punki, you're making us feel bad that we're not there. But it will just make me resolve to be there next time...there will be a next time won't there? Have fun, everyone!
Aloha.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.