Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Avios
Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires

Map| 7 Reviews | 57% Recommended

Av. Alvear 1661 Buenos Aires, AR C1014AAD

Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires (11 Photos)

Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires is a former palace with architecture based on based on Château du Marais just outside Paris. It's very grand in style with colonades, chandeliers and orginal marble floors. 

1_Park Hyatt Buenos Aires  (20 of 26).jp

Check In

After an overnight flight from London we arrived at the Park Hyatt Buenos Aires at around 11am. Our room wasn't ready so we coffee in garden terrace. It took about an hour for the room but it was ready long before the 3pm check in so that was fine. The only thing was I was a little surprised no one came to find us to tell us the room was ready, I had to go and ask myself. 

Room

We booked a one bedroom Park Suite and we received an upgrade to a deluxe suite I believe. The hotel is in two parts, the historical mansion / palace and a newer tower block. 

The rooms are modern and spacious. There are some small signs of wear and tear. I think a few Argentine decorations would have added more character. We had a huge lounge / dining area which had a balcony over looking the roof tops. 

Park Hyatt Buenos Aires  (2 of 26).jpgPark Hyatt Buenos Aires  (3 of 26).jpgPark Hyatt Buenos Aires  (4 of 26).jpgPark Hyatt Buenos Aires  (5 of 26).jpgPark Hyatt Buenos Aires  (7 of 26).jpg

The public areas are well maintained and full of original artwork. There's even a art gallery. The garden is particularly beautiful and a great place for an evening drink.Park Hyatt Buenos Aires 1 (1 of 1).jpgPark Hyatt Buenos Aires 1 (1 of 5).jpgPark Hyatt Buenos Aires 1 (2 of 5).jpg

Service

Apart from not letting us know our room was ready, we found the service immaculate. The concierge in particular was great at making last minute changes to our itinerary and booked our restaurants and tango show for us. For the tango I'd highly recommend the Faena Hotel. 

Dining

There's a few dining options in the hotel but we didn't have time to try them properly. Duhau Restaurante offers Argentine cuisine and wine. Gioda is the Italian restaurant, with an al fresco section. We enjoyed the piano room for breakfast which was a high quality buffet. 

Park Hyatt Buenos Aires 1 (3 of 5).jpg

There is also the Oak Bar which boasts original oak panelling.

It's on  Avenida Alvear in Recoleta, one of the best neighbourhood in Buenos Aires and a short walk to beautiful boutiques, restaurants and hotels and the mention the famous cemetery.

Overall

The Park Hyatt Buenos Aires is bigger than the hotels I'd usually stay in but we really loved the location, style, service and laid back vibe. We went to Four Seasons down the road for lunch (recommended!) and that was a little buzzier but Park Hyatt is better for those wanting a more quite environment. 

It is rightly positioned as one of the leading hotels in the city. 

Spa

We didn't use the spa but it was lovely with the largest pool in Buenos Aries. Four Seasons has an outdoor pool. 1_Park Hyatt Buenos Aires  (16 of 26).jp

Amenities

Other amentities to note are a luxury flower shops and a patisseries with dessert made by in house chefs. 

Would you like to write a review on the Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires?

No, thank you.
Yes
Livetotell likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I think it's one of the nicer Hyatts around. Thanks for the review.
bhrubin likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
The garden courtyard really makes the place for me. We love that hotel. The only letdown I have had in three stays there was the wine and cheese tasting I signed-up for.
Old May 10, 2018, 6:58 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Thanks for sharing your TR with photos , SilverSpoon . Brings back pleasant memories of our stay .
We were extremely disappointed that we had to forfeit a night , no thanks to TK ( will not fly them from the nasty experience ) but got to enjoy LanTam !
Pity not more PHs are like this one ..

Looks like a few of us did not have time to enjoy the spa .
Old May 10, 2018, 7:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by uclabruin82
The garden courtyard really makes the place for me. We love that hotel. The only letdown I have had in three stays there was the wine and cheese tasting I signed-up for.
To me, the wine and cheese tasting that the PH offers seems expensive for what it is, but on one stay I was invited to some special wine and cheese event that the hotel was hosting for their local clientele. That one was good and was an interesting experience, although it would have been better if I spoke Spanish.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I do not remember how much it was, but however much it cost, it was not worth it. Basically, a host from the bar gave me a few slices of cheese and a few sips of wine and then left me by myself at the table by myself
Old Feb 15, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
Award Stays for Palacio Building

All the award stays I’m finding are in the contemporary “Posadas” building, I can’t find any award stays for the Palacio building. Are there no award stay rooms in the Palacio building?

I’m thinking I’d prefer staying in the Palacio rather than the Contemporary building, is it worth paying cash to stay in the Palacio?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.