Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Mini Rant. Aircraft Change. Loss of Exit Row Seat . Not To Be Taken Seriously

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:06 pm
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue

Tongue in cheek. First world problem. Not to be taken seriously but I wouldn’t mind a little rant

Long night shift and at 02:12GMT (05:12 Moscow time) I received a MyFlights notification of changes to my booking one week today. Had just checked my booking on BA.com about an hour before and all was well.

Opened MyFlights App and showed an aircraft change on the LHR-GLA sector from A320 to A319 (don’t like the A319) but seat still 11F.......oh oh...

Exit row is 10 on the A319 with only the middle (E) seat available in the whole row......aaarrrgghhhhh.

So, whilst stewing over this and thinking I’m going to have to try for an AUP when I get to LHR to take the sting out of losing my exit row window seat, a technical issue at work happens to throw my last hour of a 14 hour night shift into total turmoil (just at that time when you start winding down trying to think of nothing more other than crawling into your bed on a freezing Moscow morning) 😭😭

How can you do this to me BA??? Put all of your A319’s on MAN & LBA. Stop giving us a false sense of security thinking we are safe in our exit seats that we’ve had for four months and lastly, see if you can do anything about the temperature in Moscow......it’s cold, don’t like it

I’m glad I’ve got that off my chest. Can sleep easy now. Bedtime

Safe & Happy Travels

S

p.s. Maybe we could make this into a mini rant thread that doesn’t need to be taken seriously.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:11 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Well BA clearly don't hate you enough (yet). You could have copped the same treatment on LCA-LHR. Then you'd have a Big Rant, never mind a Mini Rant.

So... what seat did you choose in the end?

It could be that you get kicked out of that when the aircraft changes again
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:20 pm
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Well BA clearly don't hate you enough (yet). You could have copped the same treatment on LCA-LHR. Then you'd have a Big Rant, never mind a Mini Rant.

So... what seat did you choose in the end?

It could be that you get kicked out of that when the aircraft changes again
Staying put in 11F. Can’t be bothered doing the Y seat Waltz . Just waiting on them to sub a short haul A320 instead of the mid-haul A321 and that’s it, I’ll never be flying BA again (until the next day to take me to AMS to get my flight to Indonesia and when I go back home again, and then when I come back to work)

S
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver
You should certainly stick your tongue out at them when you get off the plane.

That'll show 'em!
rapidex and Saltire74 like this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 12:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
This has happened on two of my recent ET flights... sat in exit rows - definitely sat in exit rows, and then I check the app a few days before flight to find I'm not, but someone else is. No "change to booking" notifications, if I hadn't of looked I wouldn't have found out until OLCI. First world problem, yeah, I know there's the standard disclaimer about seat reservations sometimes needing to be changed for operational reasons, but it's still really annoying none the less (even more so when you see someone in "your" seat).
Old Nov 23, 2017, 4:12 am

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 7:04 am
Old Nov 23, 2017, 4:20 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by markle
A few weeks ago I was flying IB, and was booked into the exit row on an A319 (literally the only place on that aircraft with space for me).

Arrived at the gate only to get the red light when my BP was scanned. Gate staff gave me a new BP, and informed me that because the aircraft had been substituted, they had changed my seat so that I still had an exit row seat.

I remembered remarking at the time "I can't imagine BA ever being bothered enough to try and do that".

Sad to hear I was right.
Sometimes BA IT will do that.

I am off to DUB tomorrow and after several months of having reserved 9F [EER at door 2R] on an A321, couple days ago I find out [thank you MyFlights app] that curtain has shifted to row 10 and that I was reassigned to 23F [EER at door 3R].

As I am not a big fan of flying behind the wings, I moved myself to row 13 now...
Old Nov 23, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I'm not sure why BA have such a problem with it.

Having paid for exit row seats with Easyjet, and with an aircraft substitution, a polite but assertive Cabin Crew just swapped those that were in the new exit row seats, with those that had paid.
It was sorted in minutes, and no-one had anything to rant about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.