Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Typhoon Lan cancellations. How to process refund?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2017, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond

My flight tomorrow JL 310 FUK-HND has been cancelled due to Typhoon Lan. It would appear that I can get a full refund online, but I can’t seem to find where to do this after I log into my itinerary.

I took the Shinkansen back to Tokyo so I can visit the Yurakucho office tomorrow if need be, but I would like to save the hassle if possible.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Pochama
My flight tomorrow JL 310 FUK-HND has been cancelled due to Typhoon Lan. It would appear that I can get a full refund online, but I can’t seem to find where to do this after I log into my itinerary.

I took the Shinkansen back to Tokyo so I can visit the Yurakucho office tomorrow if need be, but I would like to save the hassle if possible.
Did you login through 'view my reservation' in the drop down box of my domestic booking?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:17 am

Found the procedure for refunding your ticket

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/dom/change/i...ar_refund.html
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Thanks, I figured it out. I went to cancel the itinerary but I didn’t go past the first page because there was no refund information. Going to the next page brought up the full refund amount.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: JGC premier
I am stuck in ISG on a mileage run gone wrong.. it is my first time ever experiencing IRROPS due to weather, and so far am surprised (negatively) by JL's treatment.

Arrived on saturday from HND and realized that there is probably high chance of next day's flight cancellation, but the person I spoke to on the phone said that she can't change my flight as they have not officially announced anything (this is despite all the boats or even the water buffalo rides being cancelled!). Today on 22nd at 1 pm finally got the message that my flight (at 7;15 pm) is cancelled, and the only thing they can offer me is to rebook me for the flight on 23rd, despite this being the peak for typhoon in HND! I have an important meeting on mon but they refused to reroute me eg. through OKA or ITM without me having to pay More than double for a full fare ticket..

Is this the normal treatment for these kind of cases? In my understanding, overseas people (esp. elites) are usually able to get rerouted..
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by bakaneko85
I am stuck in ISG on a mileage run gone wrong.. it is my first time ever experiencing IRROPS due to weather, and so far am surprised (negatively) by JL's treatment.

Arrived on saturday from HND and realized that there is probably high chance of next day's flight cancellation, but the person I spoke to on the phone said that she can't change my flight as they have not officially announced anything (this is despite all the boats or even the water buffalo rides being cancelled!). Today on 22nd at 1 pm finally got the message that my flight (at 7;15 pm) is cancelled, and the only thing they can offer me is to rebook me for the flight on 23rd, despite this being the peak for typhoon in HND! I have an important meeting on mon but they refused to reroute me eg. through OKA or ITM without me having to pay More than double for a full fare ticket..

Is this the normal treatment for these kind of cases? In my understanding, overseas people (esp. elites) are usually able to get rerouted..
What kind of tickets are you on? Because some of the tickets are very restrictive in terms of change and refund
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by JALlover
What kind of tickets are you on? Because some of the tickets are very restrictive in terms of change and refund
super sakitoku, but my experience is that it shouldn't matter for irrops
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: BA Gold

Do you have a British Airways account with avios? You might find a last minute JAL domestic redemption to Osaka to get the shinkansen up or other options. Beyond that you'll have to follow JAL's process or buy another ticket.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:06 am

Strange, as I just checked your flight is valid for change under this circumstances

Have you tried calling them again? I know its not much use now that it just passed midnight in Japan.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:15 am

super sakitoku, but my experience is that it shouldn't matter for irrops
http://www.jal.co.jp/en/dom/change/i...her.html#ANC01

Try this link and see if you are able to rebook
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:20 am

Yes i can change, but only for the exact same route, not a re-route.. and i'm a JGP so you'd have thought they'd be more proactive or willing to give me some leeway given the circumstance
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:26 am

Maybe giving them a call would be the best situation for now, as the system does not allow anything else
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

My IRROPS handling by JAL has always been exemplary, though admittedly there has not been much of it.

The only good news is that the typhoon passed Tokyo around 5am this morning, so at least there should be reasonably normal operations at Haneda this morning and day.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:52 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
My IRROPS handling by JAL has always been exemplary, though admittedly there has not been much of it.

The only good news is that the typhoon passed Tokyo around 5am this morning, so at least there should be reasonably normal operations at Haneda this morning and day.
Unfortunately due to both weather and aircraft positioning issues there have been hundreds of flights cancelled so far today across the various domestic carriers.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by armagebedar
Unfortunately due to both weather and aircraft positioning issues there have been hundreds of flights cancelled so far today across the various domestic carriers.
The JTA flights from ISG are scheduled to depart as planned. Though of course no one knows the full day yet....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.