Triple Avios on Hilton Stays until 31.1.18

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:27 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Triple Avios on Hilton Stays until 31.1.18

Just got this offer via e-mail:

Book and stay at a Hilton Hotel between now and 30 January 2018, and you'll collect triple Avios. Not only that, you'll also collect Hilton Honors points with each booking. So, your next holiday break could come around a lot sooner, plus you'll save on reward flights, cabin upgrades - and much more.
https://www.hiltonhonors.com/Process...t=100000165799
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Got the email too.

Hopefully raffles will be along shortly to confirm whether this stacks with Hilton's own double points promotion that's also running in Q4.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
damn .., we have hilton bookings through to next June already!!

We will just accept the Double-Dip HHons + Avios with gratitude
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by T8191
damn .., we have hilton bookings through to next June already!!

We will just accept the Double-Dip HHons + Avios with gratitude
My experience of Hilton offers is that they are applied to stays booked before the start date, but taken afterwards. So you may be OK .
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:03 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
My experience of Hilton offers is that they are applied to stays booked before the start date, but taken afterwards. So you may be OK .
Even when the T&Cs specifically state otherwise?

My experience of this offer in the past was that I got 15 HH per USD, i.e. triple the usual "double dip" rate when I chose points&points, but I can't remember what the T&Cs said for previous iterations nor whether I booked any stays before registering.

In any case, the effect of this promo is very roughly to give you 0.5% back on your spend (depending on your personal valuations, and hotel tax rates at the places where you will stay) so it isn't really worth thinking over too much.

Better to take advantage of the First Direct Visa Offers 10% back on UK stays over £75 or the Amex 3000 MR for £250 spend
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by :D!
Yes, although I was a lot more active with Hilton a couple of years ago and they may have tightened up on applying the wording that they've always used in the meantime.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
If I stay five nights at any Hilton property, how many avios I will earn? I am a Hilton DIA and BA GGL.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
If I stay five nights at any Hilton property, how many avios I will earn? I am a Hilton DIA and BA GGL.
It depends entirely on how much your stay costs...
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
3 Avios per USD of eligible spend AIUI.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
I'm at UK HH Diamond part way through a prepaid stay 12-22 October. Should I collect points+points or points+BA avios?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by gallagher
I'm at UK HH Diamond part way through a prepaid stay 12-22 October. Should I collect points+points or points+BA avios?
USD30 hotel spend gets 150HH worth about 50p in my book if I can find somewhere I actually want to use them. Or 90 Avios, which I value at 90p since that is a target purchase price (I think I get greater value than that when spending). Your valuation may vary.

Even without this promotion the 45 Avios via IB for HH stays still beats P+P for me, and the 30 via BA would win unless I had regular use of HH to protect their value.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm looking at this as well.

Might have a stay at LAX in a week or so ($140 + taxes I think).
Choices are the Hilton (not supposed to be that great but fine for a night) or the Crowne Plaza as usual.

The Hilton gets me double points + triple Avios, and if I'm lucky, counts as one stay towards that 5000 point VISA bonus.
Got another cash + points stay in NY a few days later but no idea if that counts. Apparently get 750 points as a Diamond and no idea if a room spend or something triggers anything.

If not, Tallinn at the end of November will help a bit.

The CP gets me a stay in a country that's not the UK and counts towards my accelerate target (part way towards some other bits as well). Probably gets me 4000-5000 points.
Not going to complete my targets as I need 9 nights more and my stays are split between chains or there are no IHG in Scandanavia etc. that I can use.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by :D!
Yes, although...
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I signed up for this promotion during a stay last week. It worked as I received triple Avios for my stay, i.e. the promo also works for reservations already made (prior to registration) and secondly you need to sign up before check-out (rather than check-in).
Looks like I can drop my earlier qualification .
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:20 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
My recent stay has credited in the following way:

Not sure why the Avios Bonus show as Points rather than Miles. Will report when I receive the Avios on my BAEC account (or not).
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:44 pm

Equivalent 3x offer now listed for IB. NB the term suggesting an earning limit of 10k Avios, although it isn't clear to me if that includes standard or means just bonus.

Originally Posted by LassiJ
And also Iberia has lauched 3 x Avios campaign which is valid for stays between 15 October 2017 and 30 January 2018.

That would credit 4,5 Avios / $ as normal earning rate for Iberia is 1,5 Avios / $. Those can be then transferred also to BA Executive club.

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/Proces...p=Q42017Iberia

http://www.iberia.com/web/webPartner...dOferta=298810

Last edited by EsherFlyer; Oct 24, 2017 at 4:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.