Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Berlin Marriott Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Berlin Marriott Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2020, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by LondonElite
They are within a five minute walk of each other but I grant you the Westin probably is better located.. I personally didn't really care for my one stay there, as the room was small and awkwardly laid out.
I am quite envious of your walking speed.

I really like the Marriott, and have stayed there countless times. Our offices are on Potsdammer Platz, so it is really a no brainer for me. I'll be less than 500 meters from the office. Though I'd agree from a tourist perspective the Westin is more in the middle of its area, where the Marriott is on the edge of the area with Tiergarten to the one side. Though if you like to take a morning run, the proximity of Tiergarten to Marriott is amazing.
ExArkie likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 4:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by rmc1
Wife and I are going to Berlin in Nov 2020 and trying to decide between the Marriott and the Westin Grand Berlin (using points so similar prices). Anyone have a preference of one over the other? We like to use the lounge (wife is Titanium) but don't drink so don't care about beer selection just use it for light dinner, breakfast, and some evening snacks. We hope to use SNA's so not sure if that matters. The Westin appears to be in somewhat better tourist location but Marriott seems good too.
The Westin does not have a lounge at all....while the Marriott has an excellent huge lounge on the 10th floor with very nice skyline views and very generous opening hours.
Transport connections are much better at the Marriott as well.
Antonio8069 likes this.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Feb 3, 2020 at 2:31 am
Old Feb 2, 2020, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
Thanks for the info, we just booked the Marriott.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:07 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by rmc1
Thanks for the info, we just booked the Marriott.
I think that is the right call. The Westin is an older and more interesting looking hotel but the Marriott has a nice lounge, is newer, and there is plenty to do within walking distance.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 5:02 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Staying here this weekend. Any tips on cheap parking nearby?

Edit: It looks like Onepark finally made it to Berlin. Booked a parking spot at the Mercure, 15 min walk from the Marriott. Only 18 Euro for 3 days of parking vs 34 Euro per day at the Marriott.

Last edited by thomas199023; Sep 30, 2020 at 5:10 am
Old Sep 30, 2020, 6:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
During the weekend you're quite likely to find a spot on Lennestrasse, just north of the hotel.
thomas199023 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 8:47 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just got back from a 3-night stay here. Upgraded to a Panorama Room?
The view was alright, but nothing really special. The room was recently renovated and quite large. Shower was great, with excellent water pressure.

The Executive lounge is operating, but they also still have a happy hour for executive guests in the bar. But we did not partake as we were out every night.
Breakfast was served both in the lounge as in the restaurant. But also did not partake, as we tried to avoid terrible German machine coffee ;-). There is an excellent coffee bar/bistro just across from the hotel. They had some amazing pastries as well.

I thought the hotel overall did a really good job with corona measures. Clean pens to use when checking in, everyone wearing masks, elevators, and toilets cleaned every half hour.
Housekeeping is back to normal, they service the room every day without having to request.

Was very happy with my stay here and will definitely be back.

One odd thing though, at check-in they could not see my status, as apparently, their system has issues with people's last name if its in two parts. Like, van xxx. They caught this quickly, but still odd as this has not happened before.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 12:07 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Just completed a stay here. Not a fan of the Potsdamer Platz location, but very pleased with this hotel.

Got an upgrade to a "view" room. Fairly nice view towards the East, although obviously nothing like e.g. the Hong Kong skyline. Room looked very recently remodeled, and was quite pleasant.

To my surprise, the lounge was fully operational. Buffet set up, everything self-serve, basically the way club lounges were prior to Corona. You were supposed to wear masks when moving about, but that was about it. Appetizers, soup, 3 hot items, desserts, soft drinks, beer, sparking wine, wines.

Same story at breakfast, full buffet, self-serve pre-Corona style, except masks when moving about and a timid attempt at a one-way setup at the buffet. No plastic gloves, nothing served by staff, not even the abundant hand sanitizer dispensers that are found all over the place in European hotels. Egg dishes and coffee/tea/sparkling wine brought to the table, everything else from the buffet (sausages/bacon/pancakes, extensive European selection of cold cuts/cheeses/salmon/breads/fruits/yogurts). Quite pleased this experience, and hoping that more hotels will be moving in this direction!

"View" room on 9th floor

Club lounge: soup plus 3 hot items

Club lounge: desserts

Club lounge: salad and appetizers

Club lounge
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:35 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Berlin Marriott

Berlin Marriott Hotel

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Berlin Marriott Hotel

Inge-Beisheim-Platz 1 Berlin, DE 10785

Berlin Marriott (9 Photos)

Berlin Marriott Hotel

Check In

I had done mobile check in. I believe I only had to sign something related to Covid restrictions and then got the keys. I had also provided the waiver in advance to be exempt from the tourist tax. That was also already reflected.

I had booked three nights on points for a standard room and was upgraded to a executive level room with a city view.

Room

The room is standard Marriott quality and well maintained.  Comfortable bed, tv with many international programs, well sound-insulated rooms, good water pressure. The internet worked fine. I found that it sometimes had issues in the bathroom. There were ample power points near the bed and elsewhere in the room.

Possible negatives for some people:

• The main room has a thick carpet. 
  • There is no proper working desk and chair, just a round sitting table with a chair that is too high for laptop usage.

0D5599C0-10ED-40FD-948E-15B0EAD2965F.jpegB43604C0-F6C6-4B52-AB47-06BCB2A7F7F3.jpeg993170F4-5E81-4876-AA7D-3E4DB207414F.jpeg974464DF-4B48-4919-BC68-6F3CB69EA0F4.jpegBD266102-0948-48F8-B07C-75D0FBB9570C.jpeg

Dining

Breakfast was served in the lounge. It was not the widest selection for European lounges but was good. It seems that on some days you can elect to eat the the main restaurant, but I did not catch the details of this rule.

The lounge was fairly well visited for the evening service which starts at 17:30. There is beer and wine available until closing. I believe it is posted that the appetizers are available for two hours, but they were normally out longer. You could use the lounge as a replacement for dinner, if desired.

The lobby bar is the middle point of the hotel and serves a full selection of beverages. I had a couple of long drinks and a cocktail during my stay. I was satisfied with everything.

There is also a grill restaurant which looked nice. We did not try it and opted to go out and explore the city's culinary scene.

41603E8D-AAE5-4EEC-B907-CC6C00CE9F04.jpegD75B4AEE-402C-4626-9092-7E44325265CE.jpeg85EE02E4-6B48-4242-B21A-AB4D7228460E.jpeg

The hotel is conveniently located for many tourists very close to the Potsdamer Platz and the Brandenburger Tor (Brandenburg Gate). There is also a major metro stop here allowing convenient access to other areas of the city.

I find Berlin to be a very walkable city and never used the metro except to for to and from the airport. However, if you need to get around faster the metro a good option. There are one-way tickets and 24 hour tickets available. Uber and Freenow are good apps for taxi service. There are also many e-Scooter and bicycle sharing apps available.

016723D0-9E96-443F-97D7-83396077E50B.jpeg

Service

I use the in-app messaging a lot. This hotel responds very quickly to requests, including more typical housekeeping requests.

The one thing I did not quite like is how quickly housekeeping entered the room on two occasions after knocking. It was more like opening the door while knocking. So, make sure to put out the Do not Disturb sign!

Otherwise the daily cleaning was running as normal.

Berlin Marriott

Would you like to write a review on the Berlin Marriott Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
It looks like itself, which is a very good sign. I look forward to having my Berlin business trips coming back....
Old Apr 4, 2022, 4:41 pm

anyone stayed at both here and Hotel Luc? how do these two compare?
Old May 5, 2022, 3:04 am

Programs: Delta DM 1MM, AA Plat 2 MM, Marriott Ambassador & LTP, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Their website mentions 24 hour room service, can anyone confirm if that is real post covid?
Old May 5, 2022, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by shaown
Their website mentions 24 hour room service, can anyone confirm if that is real post covid?
call and ask to make sure
didn't order any room service but things looked normal when i stayed a few weeks ago.
lounge fully open. breakfast also served in the lounge
Radiation Station likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 4:38 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Any recent stays? Looking at this or Hotel Luc for a five night stay this summer. Thanks!
Old May 28, 2022, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Any recent stays? Looking at this or Hotel Luc for a five night stay this summer. Thanks!
pretty much same as cbellero's review from January.
I stayed at berlin marriott in April
Radiation Station likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.