Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:43 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
That would be a laugh. I certainly hope PHT would not be working with priceline.

It could be the Keio Plaza, Hilton, HRT, or Century Southern Tower.

Let's hope it isn't the Washington
Probably not but not impossible, the former PH LA and SF were regularly on Priceline back in the day.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

That would be a laugh. I certainly hope PHT would not be working with priceline.

Yeah, how the mighty have fallen. Yikes. I really hope not as well.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:48 pm

None of those hotels are offered within that zone on Priceline though
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
I doubt it is PH. Rates are very much on the upswing there recently.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by Whanksta
None of those hotels are offered within that zone on Priceline though
What rate are you being quoted? I have no experience with Priceline. How specific is the location information you are given?

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Oct 13, 2015 at 12:02 am
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
Hi there --

Several questions from a Diamond member:

Re: the "Complimentary "Twilight Time" unlimited drinks & canapés in the Peak Bar from 5-9pm for Diamonds"

1) these are alcoholic drinks?

2) Can you take advantage of this for every night of your stay?

re: direct bus from narita to hotel:

1) does anyone have a link to that?

2) Trying to compare the express bus to the 1500Yen narita express and shuttle -- any opinions?

3) Traveling back from hotel to Narita -- on the return, there will be two of us. any other options? Uber?

Finally, I'm using a DSU. Is there a room number to request ahead of time or all the park suites the same?

Thank you.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 1:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Nothing current
Park Hyatt Tokyo - Nothing is Lost in Translation

Park Hyatt Tokyo

Map| 6 Reviews | 83% Recommended

Park Hyatt Tokyo

3-7-1-2 Nishi Shinjuku Shinjuku-ku Tokyo, JP 163-1055

Park Hyatt Tokyo - Nothing is Lost in Translation (9 Photos)

Park Hyatt Tokyo

Like many people, I’ve been in love with this hotel sinceLost in Translation, but I’ve never had a chance to stay here before. I had read the trip reports and reviews here on FlyerTalk and thought I knew what to expect, but the Park Hyatt somehow managed to surpass these expectations, even despite the fact that we were only in the hotel for about 10 hours. Why? Was it the lovely New York Bar? The pool with a view over all of Tokyo? No. We didn’t even go to the bar or the pool. Quite simply, the room that we were in was the single most comfortable hotel room I’ve ever been in. From the moment we walked through the door, we just felt completely at ease and relaxed. If you asked me to pinpoint what about the room made it so conducive to relaxing, I honestly couldn’t tell you. It just felt like home. Albeit a really expensive home. :-)

Check In

After grabbing dinner with some friends, we arrived at the hotel a bit later than we expected -- around 10pm. The bellhops helped us with our bags and asked my name, which they then promptly radioed up to the check-in desk.

We were brought straight to our room and check-in was conducted there, which was nice and a much more relaxing experience than the usual check-in desk.

Room

I booked a Standard Park King at the Hyatt Daily Rate and used a 6000 point suite upgrade into a Park Suite King. Having never seen any other rooms in the hotel, I can't compare the size, views, amenities, etc., but the room we got was very nice and extremely comfortable.

Entrance

Living/Dining Area

Minibar

Detail of some of the wonderful art in the room.

Bathroom

I had never heard of the Aesop brand before, but their bath products were fantastic.

Bedroom with its singularly massive bed. This thing must have been7 feet/2 meterswide. Mrs. Sarfa33 and I joked that, at opposite ends of the bed, we needed to send texts to each other to communicate. :-)

Here’s what the sunrise looked like out our window in the morning. I know some of their suites have a view of Mt. Fuji, but ours was a “Shinjuku view” room. I checked out the Mt. Fuji view in the lobby on the way out and I actually liked this one better.

Service

Although we didn't avail ourselves of many of the services at the hotel, the check-in and check-out process were handled efficiently and professionally. We definitely had nocause to complain about anything.

The only drawback of the PHT is the location: it's in a bit of an out-of-the-way part of Tokyo, which makes it convenient to very little. As anyone that has ever been to Japan can tell you, taxis are extraordinarily expensive, so we always try to limit ourselves to walking or public transportation when we're in Tokyo. This hotel makes that hard. They do have a free shuttle to the Shinjuku Station area, but it gets mixed reviews and we were leaving the hotel very early in the morning, so we ended up taking a cab.

Overall

The room and service were fantastic. The location is not great, but at least it's a known factor before checking in. We didn't use any of the hotel facilities or restaurants during our short 10-hour stay, but hopefully we can go back and try them again. The room itself would certainly makea return visit worthwhile.

Park Hyatt Tokyo - Nothing is Lost in Translation

Would you like to write a review on the Park Hyatt Tokyo?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:15 pm

The above rave review seems to be based on a 10 hour stay-late check-in, sleep and nothing more.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:15 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
Hi there --

Several questions from a Diamond member:

Re: the "Complimentary "Twilight Time" unlimited drinks & canapés in the Peak Bar from 5-9pm for Diamonds"

1) these are alcoholic drinks?

2) Can you take advantage of this for every night of your stay?

re: direct bus from narita to hotel:

1) does anyone have a link to that?

2) Trying to compare the express bus to the 1500Yen narita express and shuttle -- any opinions?

3) Traveling back from hotel to Narita -- on the return, there will be two of us. any other options? Uber?

Finally, I'm using a DSU. Is there a room number to request ahead of time or all the park suites the same?

Thank you.
1) Yes. Basically you can order any drink you want. We drink cocktails such as Caprioskas, Mojitos etc. and you can order as much as you like. There are canapés but they are not substantial. Given the cost around USD $20 per drink this is a significant saving for Diamonds, however it can be purchased by others for USD$45.

Also, we found some staff would tell us we couldn't order cocktails, just basic drinks which is very odd for such a hotel. They were corrected by those making the drinks.

2) It is indeed each and every night.

3) We took the subway to Shinjuku and cabbed to the hotel on arrival, but we had come off the Shinkansen from Kyoto.

4) The hotel recommends the airport bus over the Narita express because it is door to door. It's not luxurious but it does the job. Also saves you carrying your luggage around train stations.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JetAway
The above rave review seems to be based on a 10 hour stay-late check-in, sleep and nothing more.
Ten hour suite life!
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
Ten hour suite life!
Sounds good to me. I can think of worse places to be for ten hours!
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds good to me. I can think of worse places to be for ten hours!
I would definitely had a spa treatment at Club at the Park too.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Whanksta
I am traveling to Tokyo on Oct 26th - 28th and Priceline is offering a 5* express hotel deal at Shinjuku-ku area, given what's shown on the retail side of priceline, it should be the park hyatt. Can anyone help confirm this?

http://www.priceline.com/hotelxd/lis...;price=;star=5
Go to BetterBidding.com.
The only 5* I found in that area was Dai-Ichi Hotel that partners with Priceline.
Hilton was 4*

List may not be up to date FYI.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
I would definitely had a spa treatment at Club at the Park too.
I used to love the Vichy shower massage treatments. Not many other hotels I stay at have that available.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I used to love the Vichy shower massage treatments. Not many other hotels I stay at have that available.
MO Bangkok and Shanghai might?

Their Tokyo Journey ritual is magnificent (club at the park).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.