Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors United Airlines Promotions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 1999, 6:34 am
BIM
Original Poster

Hey!
Double deal: Hilton HHonors members and United frequent fliers can earn both HHonors points and Mileage Plus points on most United flights from June 1 to June 1, 2000. For U.S. residents only. Call 1-800-930-3098 by Aug. 31.
(USA Today On-Line 5/4/99)
Old May 4, 1999, 7:46 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/001240.html
Old May 27, 1999, 11:50 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Hilton-United Promotion

I didn't see a thread on this subject. My HHonors statement had a promotion with United,printed on the reverse. "You'll receive one HHonors point for every qualifying mile flown on United between June 1 and May 31, 2000. That's in addition to the Mileage Plus miles you'll earn for the same flight! .... You must be a member of both the Hilton HHonors and Mileage Plus program to take advantage of the Mileage Plus Nights....This promotion is open to U.S. residents. Restrictions apply".

Register at 800-930-3098.

There is a reference to complete terms and conditions available at 800-552-0852 (fax-back document #128). The one time I tried to get this document, I got an error message.
Old May 27, 1999, 12:40 pm
pgupta011

Its been discussed under United:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/001240.html

Old May 27, 1999, 12:49 pm
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
talk.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/001240.html

[This message has been edited by NJDavid (edited 05-27-99).]
Old May 27, 1999, 7:48 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Does any one know if you can collect the double miles bonus for flights to/from DC (thru June 30) while also getting the HHonors bonus?
Old May 27, 1999, 8:05 pm
pgupta011

That is the million mile question MileKing. Well maybe not a million, but it a question worth a few hundred or thousand miles.

I would speculate that the answer is: possibly yes. In any case since I registered for the IAD bonus first, I would expect (and want) it to have precedence over the Hilton bonus - in case both are not given.

Old May 28, 1999, 12:23 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
I guess you're a gambler, pgupta011! I have at least four segments from IAD planned in June worth about 9200 bonus miles (assuming UA honors the no more 3 roundtrip max from IAD). I'm not sure I want to chance losing the bonus miles for HHonors points.
Old May 28, 1999, 12:36 am
pgupta011

UA should honor the more than 3 bonuses from IAD - they have published this offer in writing.

Maybe you should ask the question in the Randy section - this sounds like a question from his quiz.

Old Aug 24, 1999, 4:43 pm

Why the UAMP/HHonors promo?

I just registered today to earn HHonors points for my UA flights. And have read some of the recent threads regarding this promotion.

I think it's a great program...but...

What’s in it for Hilton to give away points for UA flights? Aside from making me feel real good about Hilton, and getting me to reactivate my long dormant Hilton account to start gathering some of these points, there doesn’t seem to be much to be gained.

I mean, I’m not questioning airlines/hotels “rewarding” us with miles for flying/staying with them. It’s a mutual relationship; I fly/stay with them, they give me points. But here Hilton is giving me points, possibly quite a few points, and I in all likelihood will never frequent their hotels, and in the end will “cost” them money when I transfer those accumulated HHonors points into airline miles.

What am I missing here? Is UA paying Hilton here, to reward UA customers with an extra perk?
Old Aug 24, 1999, 5:22 pm
pgupta011

Interesting question. I don't know if Adam will answer this or not, given that many of such dealings are secret, but I would be interested in the answer.

Similarly what about the double conversion in 1996 (5K UA miles -> 20K Hilton points). What was in it for Hilton.

And the oft asked question - will the double conversion be repeated?

[This message has been edited by pgupta011 (edited 08-24-1999).]

Old Aug 24, 1999, 11:00 pm
In Memoriam

Who cares what's in it for Hilton (or UA)? As Nathan Detroit has posted elsewhere, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth...and this gift horse is definitely real." I've already gotten 10,000 points from this "deal", with another 2,000 due for this past weekend and 1,300 for this coming one!

Maybe they'll extend it beyond May '00?!
Old Aug 25, 1999, 12:02 am
pgupta011

Is this gift horse real? I have some doubts about the previous double United pt transfer. I myself did well on that, but not too long afterwards Hilton raised various point levels. So maybe some people come out ahead and some lose.

Old Aug 25, 1999, 6:25 am

Where does one register for this promotion? Any additional information or links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old Aug 25, 1999, 7:01 am

MRLIMO, it feels strange providing you with links, since usually you’re the one who helpfully posts the links to other threads.

In any case, here is a related thread in Hilton. There’s bound to be some in United, but I haven’t looked there.
http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/Foru...ML/000170.html

The phone number to register is 800-930-3098. It’s automated, so you just type in your UA # and your HHonors #. The way it works is that this tags your UA #, and then UA forwards the info to Hilton who then gives you 1HH point for each UA mile flown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.