Wiki Posts
Search

BA SYD-LHR - time at Sin?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

BA SYD-LHR - time at Sin?

Hi,

We are flying back from Sydney tomorrow in Club and I am wondering if it’s feasible to take a look at the new waterfall at Changi? How long do you tend to get during the changeover and does this work with logistics likes terminals etc?

Thanks

J
Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: IHG Gold, VS Silver, EK Silver, BA Blue
I would say no - you would need to pass through immigration to visit the Jewel, and of course enter airside again afterwards.

It is impressive and always recommend a stay over in Singapore, great city for a couple of nights.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 11:01 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
I agree with the advice that this is not feasible. It’s impressive but no so amazing that I’d go out of my way or risk travel disruption.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Thank you - what’s the most enjoyable way to spend the short time off the plane?
Old Dec 4, 2019, 11:10 pm

I'm slightly more optimistic here but purely depends on the immigration queue on the day . Pop your head over and you can see if its empty. If it were you could have a go. But T1 has recently got a lot busier due to airline moves and I've seen some very long lines recently. Also note immigration may refuse entry for such a short time.

Coming back to the gate you will be using an egate for passport and there wouldn't be a queue. Security itself is at the gate either way

Would I do it? No. It would be the briefest of looks and it's not lifechangingly impressive. Plan a stopover next time instead
Old Dec 4, 2019, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by Tannerjc
Thank you - what’s the most enjoyable way to spend the short time off the plane?
Run and grab a shower! You can also pop into the QF lounge next door to BA
Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:15 am

They have an internal train between T1 and T2 (or T3) I think I recall that I have seen that it passes through close to the waterfall? Then you do not need to exit through immigration.
MeltingAlf likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by TravelManBiz
They have an internal train between T1 and T2 (or T3) I think I recall that I have seen that it passes through close to the waterfall? Then you do not need to exit through immigration.
This is a brilliant idea. I don't think it's T1 though, but T2 to T3 since T1 is at the centre of the U shape structure of T1/2/3 and 2 and 3 are at each side of it. T1 is also directly adjacent to Jewel. But if one really wants to see it, the Skytrain should indeed give a good view. And it shouldn't be long to catch trains, even if you have to catch three.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Originally Posted by TravelManBiz
Agree with this suggestion. The airside Skytrain that links T2 & T3 passes through Jewel and right next to the rain vortex. You will have to take the Skytrain from T1 to either T2 or T3 (and then back again) but the journey time is less than five minutes between terminals and trains are very frequent.

More information for transiting passengers can be found on Changi's 'Now Boarding' blog - unfortunately I can't include the link as I haven't made to 5 posts yet
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: BA - Silver
Originally Posted by Tannerjc
Head to the QF lounge for some noodles, drink and a shower!
Old Dec 5, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by oakles
Agree with this suggestion. The airside Skytrain that links T2 & T3 passes through Jewel and right next to the rain vortex. You will have to take the Skytrain from T1 to either T2 or T3 (and then back again) but the journey time is less than five minutes between terminals and trains are very frequent.

More information for transiting passengers can be found on Changi's 'Now Boarding' blog - unfortunately I can't include the link as I haven't made to 5 posts yet
The Skytrain between T2 and T3 gives a great view of the Jewel, I would recommend that.

Here is a map showing the Skytrain routes: https://www.changiairport.com/en/map...03.9885069/-67

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.