Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Ba0015 [LHR-SIN-SYD] in First a couple of questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2019, 5:20 am
Original Poster

I hope someone can help .I have very luckily booked first class to Sydney on BA0015 . I have had trouble finding out about its refuelling stop in Singapore , How long are we off the plane for and which lounge if any can we use ?
tjumbo likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: BAEC
You can use the BA or QF lounges, and depending on if the flight is running on time, you'll have about 45-60 minutes to use the lounge. Security screening is done at the gate, so make sure to leave the lounge when advised.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
You have about 1hr 30 minutes on the ground. Get off the plane asap (First normally disembark first) and make straight for the lounges, especially if you want a shower. As said above, make sure you leave time to clear security. If you use the BA lounge, they will call you. I've found if travelling First, you are unlikely to want to eat too much in the lounge, with reasonable food on board both sectors. I'd certainly recommend taking a shower to freshen up. Enjoy your travels.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I've usually had time for a shower, change of clothes, fleeting lounge visit and cigarette (or two )

There's re-screening at gate so get back with enough time
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Julian36
I hope someone can help .I have very luckily booked first class to Sydney on BA0015 . I have had trouble finding out about its refuelling stop in Singapore , How long are we off the plane for and which lounge if any can we use ?
We did that fight in F in January, and there was time to go to the lounge, have a shower and then a drink / snack in the Concorde room. I always skip the first meal on the second leg of this flight though, but if you don’t then maybe don’t bother with the food in the lounge. As with all lounges, there’s nothing worth eating it just for the sake of it!
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
If you want to eat then the QF lounge is better. I'm doing the same itinerary next week and will head to QF as they will prepare something fresh for my wife who has a bucket load of food allergies. I haven't seen the Concorde Room at SIN yet so will probably pop in. I hear it's nothing to get too excited about though.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
You have time to get to the lounge, have a shower then a few minutes before heading back. QF showers were better than BA last time I flew that route. If you get there in the ‘second wave’ you will have to wait for a shower to come free and may not have time. It’s about 10 minutes from gate to lounge.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
I did this route recently in F and made it to the showers just before the rush (after that they were quoting 45 minute wait times) - I took a shower and walked around the corner to the Qantas lounge - more spacious, much less busier and a lot nicer than the BA one which turns to bedlam quite quickly with the comings and going of the SYD and terminating flights.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
I did this back in April and agree with the advice above. Mrs BAECAddict and I were sixth or seventh off the plane and it took about eight minutes to the lounge at a brisk pace. We were able to get a shower room each with no wait at all in the BA lounge. I would however consider trying the QF lounge as others have suggested since the showers are definitely nicer - we tried them out on the way back. The Concorde Bar is a very peaceful haven away from the main lounge, but the food offering is very limited indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.