Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Travelling BA CW anytime soon? May I recommend the roast chicken - it's delicious!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travelling BA CW anytime soon? May I recommend the roast chicken - it's delicious!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2008, 6:26 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I shall be enjoying the best sauce to have with hand made pasta. It is plain and simple (my wife is part Italian) - Extra Virgin olive oil (first cold pressed) gently heated in the pan along with some crushed garlic,poured over the pasta and then sprinkled with some shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano by the hands of GUCCI GALORE.

Beat that BA's PUCCI GALORE!!
Your wife is part Italian and part saint to be married to you she would need to be. I always wonder what would have happened if my Mother had not twigged what your game was given you the heave-ho! So you ran off to Argentina and waited for me to grow up. Anyway that is history.

Now - I know Alitalia is going down the pan but I would love to know what this GUCCI Glamour with whom you appear to be well acquainted will serve you. If you muddled your post up - and we are patient about this - and meant your wife - even though you split your infinitive again and we are in a war of recipes.

I cook fresh spaghetti, I beat two eggs, add Creme Fraiche to the eggs, freshly milled black pepper. I add 100gm of cooked pancetta (the most delicious baconon the planet) freshly grated pecorino romani and pour that over the pasta. I turn the pasta over a low flame until the sauce is not but not cooked

Voila - Pasta a la Carbonnara dalla Regina dei Celli.

My pasta is not home made it is shop bought from Peck in Milan and a dear little shop in BLQ. I get to fly over and back the same day and I am given Champagne.

So

GAME, SET, AND MATCH TO LA BELLISSIMA PUCCI della BRITISH AIRWAYS

What - apart from your Phil Envy has this to do with him eating chicken en route to CAI??
Old Aug 6, 2008, 6:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
My pasta is not home made it is shop bought
Oh dear.

I know your game. What happened to the PM you said you were sending?
Old Aug 6, 2008, 7:45 am

Oh dear.

I know your game. What happened to the PM you said you were sending?
Old Aug 6, 2008, 7:46 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Oh dear.
Hiddy,the beauty of your sauce recipe is that you can get home late, open a pack of (quality) shop-bought pasta and grab the other ingredients from the pantry and have a wonderful meal prepared in the time it takes the pasta to cook. The version I know also has a chilli pepper added to the oil and removed before serving, and the recipe actually specifies dried pasta in preference to home made - you end up with gourmet fast food.

Shop bought pasta has its place in any well stocked kitchen.

James
Old Aug 6, 2008, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by James S
Shop bought pasta has its place in any well stocked kitchen.

James
Of course you are correct James S - After all, even Italians don't eat home made pasta every day.

I just wanted to shut her up.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 1:53 pm

I cook fresh spaghetti, I beat two eggs, add Creme Fraiche to the eggs, freshly milled black pepper. I add 100gm of cooked pancetta (the most delicious baconon the planet) freshly grated pecorino romani and pour that over the pasta. I turn the pasta over a low flame until the sauce is not but not cooked

If you weren´t HM PUCCI yourself, I can certify this recipy to be worth a PUCCI Culinaire all by itself

pcf
Old Aug 6, 2008, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by pcflyer213
If you weren´t HM PUCCI yourself, I can certify this recipy to be worth a PUCCI Culinaire all by itself

pcf
Don't be fooled - She read it all off the label you know.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 2:21 pm

With culinary skills like this, shouldn't it be PUCCINI GALORE?
Old Aug 7, 2008, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by macabus
With culinary skills like this, shouldn't it be PUCCINI GALORE?
Darling with charm skills like yours - shouldn't you and shouldn't pcflier213 both be Muccinis Nouveaux!

If you accept please update your profiles and send a PM saying "Ya Boo Sucks!" to you to HIDDY. You should also let Moomba know - but we say nice and polite things to him as he is a very nice, very polite person.

As to HIDDY - my husband has been trying to shut me up for the last 20+years - if you think that you can achieve that with a pasta challenge that you know you cannot win - you are much mistaken.

Now this Chicken has to fly and fry some passengers.

XXX
Old Aug 7, 2008, 1:00 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds

The beef on last weeks EZE-LHR was by far the best I have ever had
I know the feeling well. Some of the best beef I have ever had came from Argentinia
Old Aug 7, 2008, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
Tandoori chicken baguette in First is a nice snack, had one on my Flight to Nyc on monday! makes nice change from bacon roll
Old Aug 7, 2008, 3:48 am

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus
Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
I know the feeling well. Some of the best beef I have ever had came from Argentinia
^:-:
Old Aug 7, 2008, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
Yeah, and I bet he hand 'Hands of God' as well. I would have thought pork s---ds would have been more up your alley.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 7:24 am

Darling with charm skills like yours - shouldn't you and shouldn't pcflier213 both be Muccinis Nouveaux!
I am truly honored and accept your benevolent offer.

As a Nouveaux Mucci, I will uphold revered traditions and adhere to the sacred code of conduct.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 7:35 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by macabus
I am truly honored and accept your benevolent offer.

the sacred code of conduct.
What is the code of conduct? I know flattering Pucci is they key requirement (and she is clearly a fabulous cook)... anything else?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.