FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moving from QF to UA, a comprehensive guide
Old Oct 1, 2005, 11:13 am
Aisle Seat H

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
UA Status Match confirmation

Just some info./an update for those of you thinking of moving to UA - they are still more than happy to comp. the first/lower of their *A Gold levels to QF FF elites.

I am moving from BD after the multiple moves that have been initiated by their management, that are turning it into the worst form of LCC and killing the DC FF prog., and so wanted UA status to ensure I keep flying with all the *A Gold privileges (lounge access, upgrades, 100% miles bonus, etc).

I posted them a copy of my latest WP statement, copy of my card, and a letter explaining that I want a match, and (despite very little recent activity on my QF account) I was made Premier Executive within a week (comped. until end of Feb 2007, i.e. a 16 month match).

They don't sadly match to their top-tier - the magic 1K described in the first post, so no SWU's [though you can get some on FT on the CC] - but this is still a free match to *A Gold level, so well worth it for any of you with status wanting to move/likely to fly a few times on *A over the next year and almost a half.

I believe (though have no personal experience/proof), that they will also match QF Gold/SGs to Premier Executive (they are the equiv. status levels in each prog. after all).

The address to post your status match applications to is -

Mileage Plus
International Service Centre
PO Box 28872
Tucson AZ
85726-8872
USA

(If you are not a MP member yet join online and include your new number in the status match letter).