FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   The great Star Airbus DO, Nov. 5th and 6th (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/907739-great-star-airbus-do-nov-5th-6th.html)

herro Jan 10, 2009 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by tommy777 (Post 11048884)
Nothing is confirmed yet. As of right now, the Airbus 319 is too small for this group (101 seats with seatblocking in C, 122 persons on the list + SAS reps, around 25% will cancel, but more will join) and since we have a lot more contacts in SASNO, we playing around with the idea using a Euro version of the 737-800 (140 seats with our set up).

We are going to try to find volunteers to handling, flying and flight attendants to get the costs down and because we have a lot more contacts in Norway and can get valuable help from the Scanair bunch, the DO might start in Oslo. There will of course be a pre-DO party wherever the DO will start and a Champagne breakfast party in a SAS hangar on the morning before departure.

But like I said, nothing is written in stone.

Is there is a pre-DO party I will probably join this in OSL. So this will change my start point from CPH to OSL.

/HerrO

szg Jan 10, 2009 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 11048999)
A Dash 8 would be even funnier.

Yes, I like the sound of the props !! :D

Koikkari Jan 10, 2009 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by miikka (Post 11039904)
ARN would be most likely my choice for the departure airport unless TMP gets added to the route. :D

Another vote for TMP ;)

Hey, this is my first posting to FT even I have been active reader for 6-7 years. Typical Finnish discussion, eh?

However this DO seems to be something not to be missed. Please count me in.

szg Jan 10, 2009 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by herro (Post 11049746)
Is there is a pre-DO party I will probably join this in OSL. So this will change my start point from CPH to OSL.

/HerrO

I would also like to change my start point, if there is a nice pre-DO party. :D

mumielein Jan 10, 2009 3:07 pm

Please put me on the list for the DO for shure. also 2 good friends w.d.n +1

(

I'm sure Mumilein can offer me free advice and supervision?
Sure, Airplane! Part II ;) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airplane!)

ConciergeMike Jan 10, 2009 3:11 pm

I'll start wherever the aircraft is originating...max time and more lines and dots for the FM.

marbe166 Jan 10, 2009 4:12 pm

This sounds like fun, I am interested. Pickup probably ARN.

haakonks Jan 10, 2009 4:45 pm

Sounds cool! Count me in!
I'll join at OSL.

tommy777 Jan 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Koikkari (Post 11050072)
Another vote for TMP ;)

Hey, this is my first posting to FT even I have been active reader for 6-7 years. Typical Finnish discussion, eh?

Welcome as a poster! Hope to see even more posts down the road. Although we probably won't pick up at TMP, I'm sure you guys can have some Finnish fun on a regular flight on your way to join the rest of us.;)

Originally Posted by szg (Post 11050090)
I would also like to change my start point, if there is a nice pre-DO party. :D

Roger. Let's look at the program when we have all the charter flights routings priced out and decide where we will start

Originally Posted by mumielein (Post 11050213)
Please put me on the list for the DO for shure. also 2 good friends w.d.n +1

( Sure, Airplane! Part II ;) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airplane!)

Welcome to Flyertalk to you as well! ^^

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike (Post 11050230)
I'll start wherever the aircraft is originating...max time and more lines and dots for the FM.

^^ I will re-confirm everyone's originating airport when we decide where we are starting from

tommy777 Jan 10, 2009 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by supermasterphil (Post 11049157)
This is probably a pretty stupid question but I will ask anyway: those flight attendants have to be SAS employees or is any kind of certificate for a specific a/c type enough proof in this case? I might know somebody who would be willing to work for some great fun, she works on A320, B737, A332/3!

Great! I will look in to if that's possible. The more we can cut down costs, the better. I have a friend who is the sales director for Moet in Norway and they happen to own Krug. He has mail ;)

LN-MOW Jan 10, 2009 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by supermasterphil (Post 11049157)
This is probably a pretty stupid question but I will ask anyway: those flight attendants have to be SAS employees or is any kind of certificate for a specific a/c type enough proof in this case? I might know somebody who would be willing to work for some great fun, she works on A320, B737, A332/3!

This would unfortunatly not be legal. A working crew have to be an employee of the operator. That's why you in wetlease situations always will see the charterer's crew as XCR.

awc4 Jan 10, 2009 11:47 pm

Love to join in the festivities once I know a date - count me in!

szg Jan 11, 2009 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Koikkari (Post 11050072)
Another vote for TMP ;)

Welcome on FT, Koikkari !! ^

supermasterphil Jan 11, 2009 1:02 am

Originally Posted by LN-MOW (Post 11051381)
This would unfortunatly not be legal. A working crew have to be an employee of the operator. That's why you in wetlease situations always will see the charterer's crew as XCR.

I would assume the same but I brought it up anyway just to doublecheck. Tommy777 will let me know I bet if it's possible and I will ask her. I doubt it's possible but asking doesn't cost a thing.

3tflyer Jan 11, 2009 2:32 am

Great!!!

I am very interested. Pick up - TRD or CPH