Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Upgrade thoughts CPH-IAD nov 6th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2008, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBG

I have a mixed ticket, class B going out. I'm a EBG (Earned trippel gold this year, still no P yet :-( .... )
Any thought on how to best to land a upgrade from eco extra to business ? I have been upgraded the last 3 times without doing anything, but that has been during summer months with "full" planes...
Old Oct 21, 2008, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by VirreVapp
I have a mixed ticket, class B going out. I'm a EBG (Earned trippel gold this year, still no P yet :-( .... )
Any thought on how to best to land a upgrade from eco extra to business ? I have been upgraded the last 3 times without doing anything, but that has been during summer months with "full" planes...
Easiest way is probably to pay 20 000 points to secure a seat in C. As you say you have earned trippel gold this year, spending some points should not be a big issue for you!

BFN^
Old Oct 21, 2008, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BizflyerNorway
Easiest way is probably to pay 20 000 points to secure a seat in C. As you say you have earned trippel gold this year, spending some points should not be a big issue for you!

BFN^
That's true.. But I'll burn a lot of points when taking a bonus trip to China with the Mrs and two kids in february, travelling C class... So I kind of need the points I have..
Old Oct 21, 2008, 9:37 am

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
That's true.. But I'll burn a lot of points when taking a bonus trip to China with the Mrs and two kids in february, travelling C class... So I kind of need the points I have..
I always ask for an upgrade (for points) at check in, but has been op-up'ed several times. Not sure, but I think the chance to get e freebie is better if you tell them you are willing to use the points.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Chriscross
...but I think the chance to get e freebie is better if you tell them you are willing to use the points.
My experience is exactly the opposite. They grab your points as quickly as possible, then op-upgrade some late connectors on youth tickets who is flying SK for the first time, as getting on board asking the purser to upgrade a few elites (already boarded) is too much of a hassle for some.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 10:34 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I have been upgraded the last 3 times without doing anything, but that has been during summer months with "full" planes...
My Sabre Corporate Booking System shows 9 seats in each class, throughout the aircraft, what suggests the flights is not full (I would even say quite empty - but this you never know). I would use miles for upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.