FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/534569-sas-eurobonus-forum-kafe.html)

tommy777 Jun 29, 2006 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by ksu
You don't fly a lot to KSU. Or on the PSO-network (WF and others....) :mad:

I have had over 40 WF flights this year, but no Fokker flights.

I don't think WF has many delays, they did last winter due to lack of pilots, but they have not been bad at all since last May.

But they haven't even close to the nightmare regional flights in and out of ORD

ksu Jun 29, 2006 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by tommy777
I have had over 40 WF flights this year, but no Fokker flights.

My comment (thus quoting you in bold ) was your comment about "all 737 flights"!

tommy777 Jun 30, 2006 8:09 am

Originally Posted by ksu
My comment (thus quoting you in bold ) was your comment about "all 737 flights"!

Ahh, get it. I was ref to my SK flights out of OSL, I guess I wasn't clear enough.

I do have many WF flights as well

ksu Jun 30, 2006 11:45 am

Ahh, get it. I was ref to my SK flights out of OSL, I guess I wasn't clear enough.

I do have many WF flights as well

And my SK flights out of OSL are usually F50*. O, cruel world! :(

But on the light side: when those old Dutch birds do not (See FT passim):

- collapse at night at OSL,
- overrun the runway at MOL while attempting a landing in icy conditions
- or get small electrical fires just after departure from BGO,

they are actually reasonably reliable. A FF friend of mine in TRD complains that he is aslways at least five hours late flying home these days. Even during the pre-easter strike, the F50 fleet operated with perfect regularity!

* Sorry for making private points here! For those not very well versed in Norwegian Domestic flights, SKBU takes pride in having an all-737-fleet. There is a small F50 fleet, mostly used on smaller secondary routes: the old BU-routes on Vestlandet (Western Norway) to/from BGO/TRD. These venerable old birds are not allowed to desecrate the exalted SKBU hub at OSL with their presence (they actually look older than they are!), with one exception. Three of five daily rotations to KSU are F50, so the lone F50 spotted at the far end of the DOM pier (usually at gate 4) is for KSU. So not all SK out of OSL is 737!

OT: The reason for this is that KSU is a strange market as domestics go. The main DOM business traffic in Norway is morning and late afternoon departures to/from Oslo and other main centres, as well as leisure traffic at the usual times. I'd guess that about half of KSU's traffic follows this pattern, mine certainly does. But KSU also is a major heliport for the oil industry, and the workers commuting to/from the oil rigs demand a high frequency. This high-yield traffic is very important, but not so numerous that it would pay to use 737, as even at a cheap fare, it wouldn't fill up at midday. KSU-BGO/SVG is the expected F50, of course. A typical all-oil-rig-worker-flight is the 15.50 (3.50PM) KSU-BGO. It is sold as all-business-class on weekdays; only when it comes to booking classes of course. This is filled up of people paying full fare or (mostly!) corporate rates.

tommy777 Jun 30, 2006 12:45 pm

At least 5 hours late??

I know there's been delays due to ATC problems.... But that is not aircraft related at all

I have had many trips to KRS, TRD and BOO in June. Checked my schedule and 9 flights were on time, 8 flights were delayed with less than 30 minutes 1 was delayed more than 30 minutes (KRS-OSL due to late arriving aircraft), got in to OSL 50 minutes late.

My 2 round trips to TRD were on time.

The worst incident with the F50 was when it landed on the taxiway instead of the runway at BOO... How that happened is beyond me

ksu Jun 30, 2006 1:05 pm

At least 5 hours late??

I know there's been delays due to ATC problems.... But that is not aircraft related at all

So he claims! Actually the main reason for KSU usually being on time is that the F50 fleet is operated more or less like a separate airline. Thus: KSU-OSL might very well be late, and the return delayed by a similar amount of time, but it obviously is a quick plane to turn around. And as KSU is the only route flown from OSL it is not prone to delays due to late incoming aircraft from other routes, i.e. late incoming aircraft or crew from INT SKBU. My impression is that TRD is often flown by INT SKBU A/C. The one KSU departure often late is the late 22.30 (10.30PM) which obviously has to wait for late connections, and not incidentally is a 737.

movingalong Jul 3, 2006 1:32 am

i just keep scoring op-ups lately, but only on airlines were i have no status, and on el-cheapo fares. have 50% both on KL and LH this year (intra europe) and the best part: I keep getting the full C miles for my op-uped W fares...

Bjornstrom Jul 4, 2006 6:38 am

I talked to Eurobonus today about some stuff and the lady referred to Flyertalk as "Klubben" and she'd heard lots about us before! :D

I have a few good contacts at SK now and its a shame that their service in the air does not match the service I get from Eurobonus and the booking office in Ornskoldsvik. I told her that i've posted 100k miles so far this year to my EBG and only 3 flights with SK - also told her about the "Du i mitten" incident that i've posted here earlier.

Great service - very nice attitude towards me & "Klubben". I told her to give my best to Malin also ;)

Bjornstrom Jul 4, 2006 1:38 pm

Best way to use Connexion™ while airborne :)

http://www.little-gamers.com/comics/00001388.jpg

GUWonder Jul 4, 2006 3:34 pm

I'm happy to see Italy beat Germany. :) I was definitely in the minority when cheering for Italy amongst a crowd of Danes. :D

GUWonder Jul 4, 2006 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Bjornstrom
I talked to Eurobonus today about some stuff and the lady referred to Flyertalk as "Klubben" and she'd heard lots about us before! :D

I have a few good contacts at SK now and its a shame that their service in the air does not match the service I get from Eurobonus and the booking office in Ornskoldsvik. I told her that i've posted 100k miles so far this year to my EBG and only 3 flights with SK - also told her about the "Du i mitten" incident that i've posted here earlier.

Great service - very nice attitude towards me & "Klubben". I told her to give my best to Malin also ;)

You're supposed to give our best to Malin's parents. ;) I noticed at the Scandinavian lounge today that Flyertalk was left open on two terminals. :D

FT Guest xyzpdq Jul 5, 2006 1:01 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I'm happy to see Italy beat Germany. :) I was definitely in the minority when cheering for Italy amongst a crowd of Danes. :D

I can certainly understand that - why would anyone in their sane mind ceer for Italy :p

GUWonder Jul 5, 2006 2:12 am

Originally Posted by OFFlyer
I can certainly understand that - why would anyone in their sane mind ceer for Italy :p

So I can say "Vive La France!" .... ever since my wish for South American victory celebrations has been dashed. :o

FT Guest xyzpdq Jul 5, 2006 2:58 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
So I can say "Vive La France!" .... ever since my wish for South American victory celebrations has been dashed. :o

Copy that - actually lost money on that Argentina did not make it :rolleyes:

GUWonder Jul 5, 2006 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Copy that - actually lost money on that Argentina did not make it :rolleyes:

"Vive La France. Vive 'le vieil homme' Zidane." :D 1-0, France the winner.