Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Lounge Options Hong Kong (HKG)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:01 am
Original Poster

For an upcomming trip to HKG (and for once using SAS - due to the dirt cheap tickets that are quite common these days) - I notice that it says that SAS is using Terminal 2.

Is this for real?
I thought this was "reserved" for regional budget airlines etc?
So no SQ, TG; UA lounge access?

Been to HKG a gazilion times - also on SAS when it was out of CPH. But this is the first on the re-opend route. Any help appreciated.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:18 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
They fly from T2, you can use any of the lounges you mentioned.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:47 am

Programs: SAS EBG, HHonors Diamond, AirBerlin Gold, etc
Check-in is T2 but departure is T1.

The THAI Lounge (Gate 40, level 7) is nice place to hang out.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sarcastix
Check-in is T2 but departure is T1.
Thanks - that clarifies it. But still check-in at T2 - is this the best they can do.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Thanks - that clarifies it. But still check-in at T2 - is this the best they can do.
T1 and T2 check in is just either side of the express train. The actual security, immigration, lounges and gates are the same. If I remember correctly, Thai is also T2.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Could I ask an additional question?

Is it correct that I, if flying GO, being Gold, have access to Thai Lounge but not to Plaza Premium Lounge (only for Plus passengers)?

As I understand it, I have access to the lounge also upon arrival if it is possible locationwise.
So is the Thai Lounge located so it can be accessed upon arrival?
Old Sep 16, 2016, 7:54 am
AHO

Originally Posted by OFFlyer
For an upcomming trip to HKG (and for once using SAS - due to the dirt cheap tickets that are quite common these days) - I notice that it says that SAS is using Terminal 2.

Is this for real?
I thought this was "reserved" for regional budget airlines etc?
So no SQ, TG; UA lounge access?

Been to HKG a gazilion times - also on SAS when it was out of CPH. But this is the first on the re-opend route. Any help appreciated.
There is only one departure/arriving terminal at Hong Kong International Airport. Terminal 1.
Terminal 2 is only for check in for some airlines.

Originally Posted by helosc

Is it correct that I, if flying GO, being Gold, have access to Thai Lounge but not to Plaza Premium Lounge (only for Plus passengers)?

As I understand it, I have access to the lounge also upon arrival if it is possible locationwise.
So is the Thai Lounge located so it can be accessed upon arrival?
Arriving passengers do not arrive to airside on Hong Kong International Airport.

Unless you don't have a boarding card for connection flight out from Hong Kong, you will not be able to go airside (there lounges are located.)
Old Sep 16, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
It states SAS lounges if you want to access a lounge after an IC and there is no SAS lounge in HKG.

http://www.flysas.com/en/travel-info...lounge-access/
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by AHO
Arriving passengers do not arrive to airside on Hong Kong International Airport.

Unless you don't have a boarding card for connection flight out from Hong Kong, you will not be able to go airside (there lounges are located.)
Thank you, not what I wanted to hear, though.

I am going on the ferry to Macau and thought that was leaving from airside since I supposedly don't have to go through HK immigration in order to get on the ferry - would that by any chance work like a boarding pass?
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar
It states SAS lounges if you want to access a lounge after an IC and there is no SAS lounge in HKG.

http://www.flysas.com/en/travel-info...lounge-access/
Thank you.
No lounge access upon arrival, then.
It is written more clearly in the English version than the Danish, I think - or perhaps I just read what I wanted to read.....
Old Sep 16, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: SK-EBD

You can also use SQ. At least I did it some months ago, flying Go being Gold. Nice place. Real champagne for breakfast if you want.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:58 pm

Programs: KA "The Elite"
T2 is actually quite nice if you are in a hurry.
Short queues for immigration and security and decent dim sum restaurant upstairs.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 11:28 pm

Thank you.
So choice of Thai lounge or SilverKris lounge (with champagne..) on departure for Gold.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 1:27 am

I am going on the ferry to Macau and thought that was leaving from airside since I supposedly don't have to go through HK immigration in order to get on the ferry - would that by any chance work like a boarding pass?
There is a separate transfer-channel for the ferries, so you will be "seaside". Ferry ticket needed to get to the ferry terminal

https://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/...prd-ports.html
Old Sep 17, 2016, 1:35 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Discus
There is a separate transfer-channel for the ferries, so you will be "seaside". Ferry ticket needed to get to the ferry terminal

https://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/...prd-ports.html
This is wise advice, especially after having made that mistake and having had to deal with people that did, it's a hassle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.