Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Go Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Go Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
And upgrades to plus, seems quite reasonable.....
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
One free drink (non-alcoholic) with the meal, no choice of meal, crew can be United style in a bad way. Go with BA, AF or LH.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:33 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
SK GO on TATL is a miserable experience and definitely the worst product out of all European full service carriers. Go with the other guys just like RoyalSwazi says.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by RoyalSwazi
One free drink (non-alcoholic) with the meal, no choice of meal, crew can be United style in a bad way. Go with BA, AF or LH.
And on BA the second meal is a miniature Mars bar and 17.5ml cup of water. Transatlantic economy class is pretty miserable on most carriers by now.
RoyalSwazi and SK2751 like this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
And on BA the second meal is a miniature Mars bar and 17.5ml cup of water. Transatlantic economy class is pretty miserable on most carriers by now.
On LH it isn't too bad, meals are edible in their standard and cognac and Baileys is proactively offered. ^
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
On LH it isn't too bad, meals are edible in their standard and cognac and Baileys is proactively offered. ^
That's true, of the European carriers, Lufthansa are keeping up the standards in Y.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:25 pm

Programs: *A G, United MP Premier 1K
Is it worse than a year ago? We go once a year to visit family and last year there was a choice of meal (and I think one alcoholic drink included, but can't recall reliably). Service was fine. Aircraft was oooold. We fly IAD-CPH and are due to book our next trip for February or March. The direct flight with SAS is $750-$1000 while BA with a stopover is just $500. (We have a young kid, so will probably go direct for the convenience.)
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Juju2014
Is it worse than a year ago? We go once a year to visit family and last year there was a choice of meal (and I think one alcoholic drink included, but can't recall reliably). Service was fine. Aircraft was oooold. We fly IAD-CPH and are due to book our next trip for February or March. The direct flight with SAS is $750-$1000 while BA with a stopover is just $500. (We have a young kid, so will probably go direct for the convenience.)
Service wise there should not have been any cuts in the last year. Though your description sounds like the level a couple of years back. Last year, there was one not upgraded plane, the infamous back up plane LN-RKP. By this summer that should be gone, so only the new and rather (for economy) nice cabins.
Juju2014 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:03 am

Programs: Eurobonus EBG
I have only flown SAS Go once to the states, and I wasn't impressed! I will recommend Lufthansa
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
BA have replaced the fun size Mars bar now.

We’re not in 1988 anymore, when on a flight from Rio to Johannesburg South African Airways offered us a choice of duck a l’orange or tournedos in sauce bordelaise in economy... For some reason, that 747 still had the original nine-abreast configuration.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:35 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Delta Skymiles
We've done SK ARN-ORD and BA ORD-LHR in economy and, if only comparing at a direct nonstop to my final destination, would prefer SK service. It doesn't feel as cheap and surly as BA, and I prefer "cold" Northern European workhorse crews to whatever stupidity/shabiness/inconsistency is offered from BA Mixed Fleet (which ORD is). I hope to never ever see a cabin crew tuck in the back of their too small shirt and then serve drinks with the same hand, without washing, again.

We have done SK Plus ARN-LAX and really enjoyed it - you could always try for the upgrade. I've gotten too old to sit in Economy that long anymore. But for a run to the East Coast, and maybe even to Chicago, I would happily take SAS in Economy if that was the only option.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:41 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
In terms of regular economy class cabin seating comfort, LH can be way worse than SK and it’s inconsistent in that regard. SK is at least consistent in that regard, and that is why I would generally suggest SK before LH and a bunch of other TATL flying carriers.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I have to say that my last trip with SK GO (CPH->IAD) was quite pleasant. My upgrade to PLUS has not cleared, and I was quite scared that after a few dreadfully tiring Y trips TATL (non SK), this is going to be yet another one. But I managed to get work done, the plane was clean and comfortable, and I got a meal exactly as expected. Water was served very proactively throughout the flight (by glasses). I arrived fresh and satisfied. I actually thought I don't really need to bid westwards anymore.

I find the service of all main carriers in Y is similar (I tried AA, BA, LH, JJ, LO, SK in recent years). How I take the trip, depends more on how I feel on the day (fresh, or already half-sick, under-the-weather), whether there are screaming babies around, and whether I had to run on connections, etc. My own mood and stress probably influences my experience much more than the details of the Y service. And the details are really minor. I no longer remember the tiny differences between them. Except perhaps that I recall some old BA cabin configs in Y, which had deep seats with good head holders in which one actually could sleep. But it's a lottery to still hit one of these.

All in all, I think the factors that would affect my choice are schedule, price, possibly points (depending on whether I need to requalify or not), and perhaps more importantly the ability to upgrade the eastward leg.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:50 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
If you would like to have beer or wine, I think SU & SK are the only full service airlines that do not offer it on complimentary basis (on TATL flights). Even EI now serves a glass of wine/beer for free. LO also reinstated free wine/beer on long hauls.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by TPJ
If you would like to have beer or wine, I think SU & SK are the only full service airlines that do not offer it on complimentary basis (on TATL flights). Even EI now serves a glass of wine/beer for free. LO also reinstated free wine/beer on long hauls.
SK includes an alcoholic drink with some meals in long-haul economy. Or so I thought they did a few weeks back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.