FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Star Alliance Award Chart have been changed over night to the worse (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1938219-star-alliance-award-chart-have-been-changed-over-night-worse.html)

CPH-Flyer Oct 31, 2018 7:38 am

Originally Posted by fassy (Post 30376392)
I don't think so...

From Businessclass.se

Hope the exception for F stays. The rest I don't care too much but SK is really pulling one off at the moment.

But who books online with SK, or call them without having found the availability first? I would find what I need on united.com and then call to request that.

Based on the chart in the first post it is still zone based. But is the option to call them with specific requests being gutted as well?

CPH-Flyer Oct 31, 2018 7:41 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 30376400)

People who are beneficiaries of, or related to beneficiaries of, SK employees or those using employee-related flight benefits seem to be way more likely to defend such anti-customer moves. They think of the frequent flyer mileage program users as competitors. Then there are those who are jealous of, or have other issues with, people who earn the miles/points primarily from work travel. Then there are those who seem to just be corporate apologists by nature. So I can’t say I’m surprised that there are people who defend such sleazy corporate antics as instituting a major award chart change with insufficient prior notice to customers.

I have been expecting this kind of anti-customer approach from SK now more than ever. And I doubt that SK is going to make Eurobonus better for customers in the main anytime soon — SK are on a course of devaluation after devaluation even at the risk of alienating consumers for more than just an award chart pricing change.

All we need now is that they forget to announce the lifetime EBG and the deroute is compete. There is literally no reason to remain with EB then. There is no reason to remain with EB now unless you are in the bucket that should get lifetime status if they announce it.

Need to go and study where to go after here. Asiana I think.

ChocolateFactory Oct 31, 2018 7:43 am

Go to Aegean Miles&Bonus. It’s great. You won’t look back.

CPH-Flyer Oct 31, 2018 7:45 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory (Post 30376729)

Since I am Japan based there is like zero chance for me to get the 4 segments for status. They still require that, right?

ChocolateFactory Oct 31, 2018 7:47 am

When was CPH moved to Japan? :p
They have never required 4 segments and still don’t.
But if you don’t fly them, you need more miles for elite status.
Requalification once you have status is super easy though, it’s almost impossible not to requalify because they have so high earning rates.

CPH-Flyer Oct 31, 2018 7:58 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory (Post 30376743)
When was CPH moved to Japan? :p
They have never required 4 segments and still don’t.
But if you don’t fly them, you need more miles for elite status.
Requalification once you have status is super easy though, it’s almost impossible not to requalify because they have so high earning rates.

I did not change my user handle when I moved. :D

I was certain they required some of their own flights, if not I guess that is where I am heading

AlicorporateUK Oct 31, 2018 8:02 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory (Post 30376729)

I think I'll have to look into that as well. Whilst in the past 2/3 years I had always managed to score over 100 segments with SAS only (PL-UK via CPH plane commuting, easy-peasy), this is no longer the case now and my travel patterns when it comes to Star Alliance are now spread through different carriers, which I guess could make things slightly more complicated in terms of identifying which booking class for which airline/frequent flyer program etc. etc. (e.g. oddly enough I am Platinum with Flying Blue and don't really fly Air France or KLM, apart from a few long-hauls in J).

G

ChocolateFactory Oct 31, 2018 8:05 am

A3 also (at least for the time being) earns much more from cheap SAS Go tickets than Eurobonus.
LX F also earns more, etc.
It’s a great program.
You might want to have at least 2 A3 flights once you start crediting to them because that helps you earn Silver and then Gold quicker. But YMMV.

fassy Oct 31, 2018 8:16 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 30376708)
Based on the chart in the first post it is still zone based. But is the option to call them with specific requests being gutted as well?

I think they will make it very hard to trick the system. I used to fly CPH-HAM-MUC-JFK-FRA. That option did not show up anywhere, not a chance. T Was only possible by spoonfeeding the individual segments to the agent. Now the only option for that would be CPH-FRA/MUC-JFK.

Cutting this, is definitely the worst thing they could do to me as it restricts a lot of the options.

criced Oct 31, 2018 8:30 am

If they finally make a nice easy way to book awards online 24/7 insted of that I need to call "Tallinn" (Amex 2-4-1) only mon-fri 9-17 Im fine with all other changes presented today. Thoos calls are taking so much time from my travelplanning now

ChocolateFactory Oct 31, 2018 8:35 am

You can call Tallinn 24/7 by dialing one of the international numbers. I only have time to book flights late and night and often find myself dialing the US number. They even have a dedicated line for Eurobonus. And as almost no Americans seem to call them, there is usually no wait time at all. And I don’t have status with EB.

CPH-Flyer Oct 31, 2018 8:39 am

Originally Posted by fassy (Post 30376836)
I think they will make it very hard to trick the system. I used to fly CPH-HAM-MUC-JFK-FRA. That option did not show up anywhere, not a chance. T Was only possible by spoonfeeding the individual segments to the agent. Now the only option for that would be CPH-FRA/MUC-JFK.

Cutting this, is definitely the worst thing they could do to me as it restricts a lot of the options.

The rules have always said that you had to take the most logical route between origin and destination as defined by SK However, they did not really do much to enforce that rule, even if the did not go full scale USAirways either

I have a really difficult time understanding how this fits in with wanting to leverage the EB program to retain travellers.

But maybe it is just my English skills and understanding of the words leverage and retain. :D

fassy Oct 31, 2018 8:46 am

Originally Posted by criced (Post 30376878)
If they finally make a nice easy way to book awards online 24/7 insted of that I need to call "Tallinn" (Amex 2-4-1) only mon-fri 9-17 Im fine with all other changes presented today. Thoos calls are taking so much time from my travelplanning now

The AMEX 2-4-1 Team is not in Tallinn, they are in Sweden as far as I know. At least all the girls I talked to over the last two years were Swedish with a very different attitude then the regular team. Also, the line is open 7 days a week 9am to 5pm.

ChocolateFactory Oct 31, 2018 8:51 am

I don’t have the credit card, but from what I’ve read, Tallinn can book 2-4-1 vouchers.

fassy Oct 31, 2018 9:24 am

Yes, they can. But there is also another team with a dedicated phone number. You can also apply the 2-4-1 voucher in the online booking system.