Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 10, 2023, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jamesbrownontheroad
LOUNGE OVERVIEW

SAS has two lounges at Copenhagen (CPH), both of which are located in Terminal 3, opposite the passport control of the C Gates:

- SAS Gold Lounge (turn right and go upstairs: access for EBP, EBD, EBG, *A Gold, *A First Class)
- SAS Lounge (turn left: access for SAS Business, SAS Plus, *A Business)

As of the 12th of September 2023 the lounge is open at 05.00AM but this is subject to change.

Here's the latest link to info about SAS lounges: https://www.flysas.com/content/flysa...AS%20departure.

"Our lounges open approximately 60 minutes prior to the first SAS departure of the day and close approximately 30 minutes before the last SAS departure. Opening hours may vary depending on local contracts and according to seasonal timetables."
LOUNGE AMENITIES

The SAS Gold Lounge offers the same amenities as the SAS Lounge, but with a slightly better food and drink selection. There is also an espresso bar which is staffed in peak periods. The Gold Lounge has higher ceilings and a more airy atmosphere.

Breakfast items (oatmeal, eggs, cereal, etc) are available at the buffet until around 10.30AM, when the offer shifts towards lunch.

A small number of showers are available.

Quieter recliners and places to sleep are towards the back of the lounges, overlooking the landside car park.

LOUNGE ON ARRIVAL

Arrival use of the lounge is for PY, J, and SK Diamond and above (thanks CPH-Flyer for providing the information).

In addition to the SAS lounges there are the following contract lounges at CPH:

- Aspire Lounge (Terminal 2, between Piers A and B, access with Priority Pass, among others)
- Carlsberg Aviator Lounge (Terminal 2, between Piers A and B, access with Priority Pass, among others)
- Copenhagen Apartment Lounge (Terminal 2)
- Eventyr Lounge (Terminal 3)
Print Wikipost

SAS Lounges Copenhagen (CPH)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
It's normally either hot dogs, meat balls or chicken in a couple of different variants in the lounge in ARN. In CPH it's almost always meat balls and chicken when I'm there and neither are my taste, but I do like their mushroom soup.
Meatballs at CPH? I thought it should be the signature Danish hot dog - they should serve frikedeller instead, a lot more Dansk!
I have tried tomato soup, potato and leek soup at CPH, none of them is that nice. I saw cold chicken at ARN.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:11 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Haven't seen the tomato (and the coconut-curry) soups for ages now. Have never seen the mushroom soop in CPH either. It's been all leek for several weeks for me. Hotdogs do seem to be gone for years now. But the recent addition of Mikkeler beers (a well kept secret) is a real bonus
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:50 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I've last seen the hot dogs in ARN last September :/

I hope they come back, they weren't great, but at least somewhat decent.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: TK, SQ, Swiss M&M
Originally Posted by ksu
Lufthansa have lockers in their lounges. .
So does the TK lounge at IST. The lounges are beyond the security checks, of course.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: TK, SQ, Swiss M&M
Lounge options gva-cph-pek

Hello, I'm flying the above route tomorrow and I have an 8 hour layover from 1pm-9pm in CPH.

I'm flying sas plus and I'm tk star alliance gold . What are my lounge options? As I'll be transferring from Schengen to non-schengen, does the above give me a choice of more than one lounge and if so, what is the best?

I'll also look at taking a metro to the city and spending a few hours either having lunch or watching the world go by in a cafe. Tourist museums, monuments, mermaids don't really interest me. Any suggestions?
Old Oct 27, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I don't know whether TK has any special deals in CPH. The standard option for *G in Copenhagen is the SAS Scandinavian Lounge in the Schengen area, just in front of the immigration. You will certainly be admitted there.
Snoozeboy likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, SAS Diamond and LTG, Marriott Titanium and LT Plat, Radisson Premium
As SK2751 says, the SAS lounge is conveniently located just before the passport control. Another convenient option is the Eventyr lounge at gate C26, after passport control, but you would have to pay (around EUR 33 I think) if you don’t have PriorityPass.

That said, with your layover, I’d definitely look at heading into Copenhagen as you mention. I would suggest taking the metro to Nørreport and having lunch at Torvehallerne. After lunch you could cross over to the other side of the station and walk down towards Rundetårn, where you will find the Paludan Book Cafe on Fiolstræde, which is a nice place to spend a few hours (much cosier than either lounge).
Snoozeboy likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 9:44 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by SK2751
I don't know whether TK has any special deals in CPH. The standard option for *G in Copenhagen is the SAS Scandinavian Lounge in the Schengen area, just in front of the immigration. You will certainly be admitted there.
Not sure why TK was mentioned here, but as it was mentioned:

TK will send you to Primeclass Lounge located after the Passport Control (that may be more convenient to the non-EU nationals as one does not have to be worrying about the immigration lines). You can ignore this advice and just go to the SK lounge.

If it was meant to be LO: as *G, I was also sent to the SK lounge.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 10:52 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by TPJ
Not sure why TK was mentioned here, but as it was mentioned:

TK will send you to Primeclass Lounge located after the Passport Control (that may be more convenient to the non-EU nationals as one does not have to be worrying about the immigration lines). You can ignore this advice and just go to the SK lounge.

If it was meant to be LO: as *G, I was also sent to the SK lounge.
Maybe TK was a typo and it was meant to be SK? But maybe it was a response to FlyingMoose’s TA reference for Turkish Airways?

TK premium cabin customers entitled to Primeclass lounge access at CPH based on *G status or Star carrier business class can indeed use the SK lounge.

But given how long it has taken me to clear passport control to leave the Schengen zone at CPH this month again, I tend to often prefer the non-Schengen lounges over the Schengen side lounges when heading to non-Schengen destinations — especially for those who are stuck using the “All Passports” line .... but even for those who have to use the manual EU/EEA/CH line. There are times when the CPH passport control area goes from having no lines to having lines that take 20+ minutes to come clear, with that major change taking place within less than 5-15 minutes of being nearly empty.

Also the Primeclass lounge allows accompanying children up to 6 years of age in for free for those adults entitled to lounge access, and thus it may be the best option of all when the other lounges are restricting included guests more than Primeclass.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 29, 2019 at 10:57 am
Old Aug 20, 2021, 12:01 am

Programs: Northwest, United
CPH-ORD in Business on A350-900

I'm booked on SK943 from CPH to ORD in September, an award flight in Business (booked via partner United). On the A350-900, I'm looking forward to a nice flight. It'll be my first time on SAS or on an A350 (also first time in CPH). Two questions:

1. When can I do online check-in? (I'm planning to use the BinaxNOW rapid antigen test, self-administered and supervised online, to meet the requirements for US citizens returning; I will do that about 24 hours before departure.)

2. Will we have a decent lounge option as we wait for departure in CPH?

Any advice or recommendations welcome. Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
I'm booked on SK943 from CPH to ORD in September, an award flight in Business (booked via partner United). On the A350-900, I'm looking forward to a nice flight. It'll be my first time on SAS or on an A350 (also first time in CPH). Two questions:

1. When can I do online check-in? (I'm planning to use the BinaxNOW rapid antigen test, self-administered and supervised online, to meet the requirements for US citizens returning; I will do that about 24 hours before departure.)

2. Will we have a decent lounge option as we wait for departure in CPH?

Any advice or recommendations welcome. Thanks in advance.
Online check-in opens 24H before departure, but I doubt you can get a boarding pass as they will want to verify your test and documents at the counter.

The SK lounge is open, probably not decent but acceptable. But that's open for debate. You will need to document vaccinated status or a negative test no more than 72 hours old to enter. Not sure if that will have been lifted by the time you fly. I don't think your self administered test will qualify.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 3:41 am
Suspended

SAS business class earlier this month still gave SAS lounge access at CPH for those with proof of vaccination or timely COVID-19 test results. The test result requirements for lounge access are somewhat different than the test result requirement the US has for passengers to fly to the US, but with proof of vaccination most are fine when it comes to lounge access when flying CPH-ORD.

If having Priority Pass, I suggest using the (non-Schengen side) Eventyr lounge for this flight either instead of or in addition to the Schengen side SAS lounge.

About online check-in, it’s more or less a waste for me on the CPH-ORD flights other than to make sure I’ve still got my seats and watch the seatmap following the 23/24-hour mark. SAS IT is just weird, and sometimes OLCI has worked for me on these flights this year and at other times it hasn’t completely. Either way, I do go through as much of the OLCI process as SAS/SAS IT allows me on a given day when flying CPH-ORD.
Juju2014 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 9:41 am

Oh yes, of course, we're fully vaccinated. We will have our CDC cards as well as our state vaccine records for documentation (that's about as good as the documentation gets for us Americans). Plus, we will also have the results of the self-administered/online-supervised antigen test (that one *is* acceptable for return to USA, though I understand it may be obscure/unrecognized for airline staff and other airport doc-checkers). That test is actually co-marketed by United as a return-to-USA solution, and I will attempt to upload results of that into United's system, though I don't expect SAS to see or know what to do with that (certainly not their partners' lounge dragons).

Sounds like online check-in is of marginal value at best, so maybe we will just skip that. No Priority Pass. I will calibrate my expectations for the SK lounge (and also our ability to get through the OLCI process).

For this international departure in the age of COVID, how early in advance of our flight's departure is it advised to be at the airport? Our flight is on a weekday in mid- to-late September, ~16:00 scheduled departure.

Thanks again for the insights.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 9:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Oh yes, of course, we're fully vaccinated. We will have our CDC cards as well as our state vaccine records for documentation (that's about as good as the documentation gets for us Americans). Plus, we will also have the results of the self-administered/online-supervised antigen test (that one *is* acceptable for return to USA, though I understand it may be obscure/unrecognized for airline staff and other airport doc-checkers). That test is actually co-marketed by United as a return-to-USA solution, and I will attempt to upload results of that into United's system, though I don't expect SAS to see or know what to do with that (certainly not their partners' lounge dragons).

Sounds like online check-in is of marginal value at best, so maybe we will just skip that. No Priority Pass. I will calibrate my expectations for the SK lounge (and also our ability to get through the OLCI process).

For this international departure in the age of COVID, how early in advance of our flight's departure is it advised to be at the airport? Our flight is on a weekday in mid- to-late September, ~16:00 scheduled departure.

Thanks again for the insights.
CDC card works just fine with the lounge guardians at CPH.

In business class on SAS for CPH-ORD this year, I generally try not to show up more than 2 hours before departure.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
CDC card works just fine with the lounge guardians at CPH.

In business class on SAS for CPH-ORD this year, I generally try not to show up more than 2 hours before departure.
Perfect. Thanks for the help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.