Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:13 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Is there a way of seeing the rules BEFORE booking?
Nowadays you can see it when you open the details on the bottom of the bookings page and click then on the fare.

Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: Eurobonus- Silver
SAS plus lounge access amsterdam

Hi,
I have a plus ticket from AMS to CPH and it seems to me that i should have access to a lounge in amsterdam (flysas.com/en/fly-with-us/travel-extras/lounge/) and when i use this tool (staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder), provided that i say im a business passenger, it would seem that i have access to the executive lounge.
But am I a business passenger ? cause sas plus is not strictly speaking business.
I also wondered if this lounge was worth it ? been reading some thread saying that it was a disgrace, but they were over 5 years old...

Thank you
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No lounge access at all: Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Actually they discontinued access to all 3rd party lounges but at AMS.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: Eurobonus- Silver
So i do have access to a lounge ? ( cause the guy i talked to on the sas chat was sorta helpless )
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by maxcj
So i do have access to a lounge ? ( cause the guy i talked to on the sas chat was sorta helpless )
Yes, you have access. I can understand that he was helpless since they said that there is only access to SK and *A lounges. AMS is not mentioned anywhere on SK's pages, including the access list of airport lounges that were cut.

As soon as AMS gets the *A lounge we hopefully can close this topic once and for all.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:18 pm

Well actually even at Athens I was invited to the Goldair third party lounge.

So theoretically they discontinued all third party lounge access, it isn’t strictly the case.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
I had access to the lounge at AMS with a Plus ticket last November. The lounge had a bunch of airline logos at the reception with SAS being one of them. In the evening peak I found it difficult to find a seat and the offerings were highly mediocre.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:41 pm

AMS is still working, but it should be said the Aspire lounge is pretty dire.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
AMS still works indeed, lounge isn't great but the wifi doesn't suck unlike everywhere else in that airport.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
SAS Plus (business?) intra-European

a friend and I have booked flights US-FRA-ARN. Vacation.

FRA-ARN served by SAS on A320. That flight, according to the itinerary, is booked in booking class Z and named SAS Plus.

From what I can read, SAS Plus (intra-European business class) only benefit seems to be seating near the front of the aircraft. Is that correct?

I'm booked into 3A and my friend 3B. Otherwise, this flight in June appears to be almost empty. Does SAS not keep at least the center seat vacant, like LH on their intra-European flights!
Old Oct 12, 2018, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kevinsac
a friend and I have booked flights US-FRA-ARN. Vacation.

FRA-ARN served by SAS on A320. That flight, according to the itinerary, is booked in booking class Z and named SAS Plus.

From what I can read, SAS Plus (intra-European business class) only benefit seems to be seating near the front of the aircraft. Is that correct?

I'm booked into 3A and my friend 3B. Otherwise, this flight in June appears to be almost empty. Does SAS not keep at least the center seat vacant, like LH on their intra-European flights!
From an operational perspective, it is a premium economy product. You do get a snack and full bar service, whereas the economy passengers has buy on board.

SK will not actively keep the middle seat free, but if you are already two in a row, and it is generally wide open, people are probably not going to select the last seat.

June next year is far off. By then the cabin is likely to be fairly full .
Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
SAS Plus is an economy product with free beverage service and a ...... inedible meal. The fact they label it Premium Economy is far from what you'd expect from such a product.

Nevertheless, CPH-Flyer nailed the answers. Expect the middle seat on routes such as ARN-FRA and ARN-LHR to be taken, especially in June as SAS will just fill the planes.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Thanks, appreciate the disappointing responses. If I had known it was premium economy, I would have booked on the Lufthansa flight and at least had an empty middle seat. I will move my friend to 3C and cross fingers that maybe, just maybe, the seat will be empty.

Yes I know I was asking many months in advance, but was hoping for a mixup on their part.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
A point to remember, apart from the meal served, you can request anything from the economy class buy on board menu for free.
sydunipete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.