Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS | EuroBonus Mileage/Point Run Suggestions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS | EuroBonus Mileage/Point Run Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Looking at my Eurobonus points right now I am still missing 12650 to reach Gold Status.

With the recent devaluation for Go and Go Youth fares my situation has become a little more difficult. I‘m currently thinking about flying a route like ZRH-ARN-CPH-HEL and back twice, which can be found for 300-400€ (Ca. 500$) in Plus. This would give me 6000 points per round trip. Still leaving me with 650 to go.
Furthermore timings and dates are an issue.
Does anybody have any suggestions? Date wise Weekends in November work, Last week in december and whole of February (have to qualify at the end of february!)
BHX-ARN-CPH-GDN and back got me roughly 8000 points, you could try and price that up with ZRH as starting point (and a weekend in either Gdańsk, Gdynia or Sopot is truly worth it).

G
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:42 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by SK2751
I have no idea how this works price-wise, but if you swap the connection to go Poland or Germany instead, you will get much more miles than on Scandinavian Flights.
It‘s difficult to get a stop in germany ex ZRH as the ZRH-Germany flght would be on Lufthansa or Swiss and they price them significantly higher. (The fare of the ZRH-Ger flight will be added to the Ger-Skandinavia flight.
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
BHX-ARN-CPH-GDN and back got me roughly 8000 points, you could try and price that up with ZRH as starting point (and a weekend in either Gdańsk, Gdynia or Sopot is truly worth it).

G
I will have a look at it, thanks!
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:11 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I meant more like Hamburg via CPH (not CPH via Hamburg).
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I meant more like Hamburg via CPH (not CPH via Hamburg).
I did look at Hamburg indeed, but Plus prices are rather high :/
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
What is your timing and budget?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:26 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ScandiGB
What is your timing and budget?
Budget would be around 500 per flight, preferably less (obviously). Timing for November: Weekends work (Including Friday from 15:00), so does Wednsday (not 21st) after 13:00 to Thrusday 18:00. For Late December, (between chirstmas and new year, any day and time) and in February, preferably not the first week since chances are that I will be in military, but all other February weeks are fine, once again, any day, any time.
I'm looking to spend as few time at the destination as possible. Preferably I'm sitting on the next flight back, but if I have to spend one or two nights there, that'd be okay as well.

If I had to choose I'd have booked a flight in youth go to HKG and received 10k miles and figured the rest out with a small european round trip, but SAS reeduced the earnings to pretty much none so that's not worth it anymore.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Zrh to Sjj on Ou via fra and vie and zag in D gives 2000 EB status points per segment. Doesn't cost much.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Zrh to Sjj on Ou via fra and vie and zag in D gives 2000 EB status points per segment. Doesn't cost much.
I'm intrigued, however, can I price this somewhere without having master access to Amadeus? :P

Furthermore, since the operating carrier counts, if any of the legs are on LX or OS the mileage drops significantly (to 1200 on LX and to 300 on OS (200% for routes that are longer on both)) And on OU minimum mileage is 1200 as well actually (and 200% for further distance)

Last edited by Nick Art; Nov 2, 2018 at 8:55 am
Old Nov 2, 2018, 9:02 am

Great tip from oliver2002 but make sure to spend a couple of nights in Sarajevo (a truly amazing city) if you decide to go for this option! Also, make sure to pick your connection in order to spend at least an hour at Zagreb airport the Primeclass Lounge in the new terminal is definitely worth a visit.

In any case, good luck on your Gold's requalification run

G
SK2751 and Nick Art like this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 9:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Okay, you got to explain me how you find this flight, because I tried and even with multi stop, the airline websites just gives up after the fourth flight (Tried on LH and LX and OS, but not OU since they don't have such a tool). Furthermore, when I tried on matrix, it kinda worked (leaving out the stop in ZAG) but it only gave me a flight to the very affordable price of 6302.- CHF.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Those or the current two options I have found: Opinions?
Flight 1: I know there are cheaper options, but I really need those additional 750 miles :P (6750 total for this trip)

Flight 2: 6000 miles for this trip for under 500.-

Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:46 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Wow, how do you book such trips? I don't think SK's website would let you, so is there an OTA which would price this?
Old Nov 24, 2018, 2:24 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Wow, how do you book such trips? I don't think SK's website would let you, so is there an OTA which would price this?
You can try bookwithmatrix.com. It is also a good test if there is real availability.
Nick Art likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 4:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Some of the options are actually bookable even on the SAS website, like this: (6000 miles with that one)

but the ones mentioned above you‘d need a TA or OTA to book. It‘s not only one fare, but several fares combined together (here is the fare structure):
First Flight: (surprisingly there it is only two fares)

Second flight:

Both of the trips are bookable with bookwithmatrix.com:

https://www.flightnetwork.com/flight...XXX-2017-04-25

https://www.flightnetwork.com/flight...XXX-2017-04-25

Last edited by Nick Art; Nov 24, 2018 at 4:26 am
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Okay, you got to explain me how you find this flight, because I tried and even with multi stop, the airline websites just gives up after the fourth flight (Tried on LH and LX and OS, but not OU since they don't have such a tool). Furthermore, when I tried on matrix, it kinda worked (leaving out the stop in ZAG) but it only gave me a flight to the very affordable price of 6302.- CHF.
Code:
26NOV18**26NOV18/OU ZRHSJJ/NSP;EH/TPM 536/MPM 643
LN FARE BASIS OW CHF RT B PEN DATES/DAYS AP MIN MAX R
02 ZBUSY2 547 Z - - - + + 1 12M R
ADDON SPECIFIED OU1223 ADDON EFF02FEB18
1 * ZRH-OU-ZAD/PUY/SPU/DBV/ZAG-OU-ZAD/PUY-OU-SJJ
2 * ZRH-OU/SN/LH/LX-BRU/FRA/DUS/MUC-OU-ZAD/PUY/SPU/DBV/
ZAG-OU-ZAD/PUY-OU-SJJ
You have to book these with a TA or call OU and feed them segment by segment.

CDZ fares op by OU earn 200% on EB with 1200 min. So the balkan hops will be a real earner.
Nick Art likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.