Wiki Posts
Search

Suggested Biz Seat CPH-ORD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2007, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt
Suggested Biz Seat CPH-ORD

Despite a search, I have not been able to find a thread on the best J seats on the 343 from CPH-ORD. Seatexpert and Seatguru have also yielded very little in the way of useful information. Therefore, I thought I would turn to the SAS gurus for their imput. What is the best seat in J and how is the catering ex-CPH? Thanks for your insight!
Old Jul 11, 2007, 11:47 pm

Programs: too many to list
There is not much difference between the seats... but in the middle block (seats D-E) both passengers have an aisle seat, so neither has to climb over the other. Since the catering starts from the front, I would myself prefer a seat in the front to ensure that my choice of meal is still available, in case it is very popular.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 1:05 am

Programs: EBG
If you are sure the flight will be operated by a 343, not a 330, I would as mention already try to get one of the first rows. On the 343 theres 2 C-rows behind the front galley in addition to those in the front cabin. I don´t like these myself although the comfort is the same. Go for row 2 or 3 or 1 DE. 1A and H are nice too, but at this point the plane curves in and you might feel a bit cramped. As for food; You will for sure have the maincourse of your choice if you are seated up front. Further back they might run out of it.
The catering is ok. Not the best biz catering, but certainly not among the worst. SAS do get some critisims concering the presentation of thee food. The plastic is not removed from salad etc before serving. A minor issue in my opinion.
SAS has a good C product all in all, and to give you an example; this is what I was served on EWR-CPH last month:

MENU

A snack with your drink?
Japanese eggplant, zucchini, squash and Mozzarella skewer

The big deal
Our menu for this flight offers these choices

First course
Mixed meslum salad with grilled marinated prawn and dressing of the day

Main course
Seared Atlantic salmon fillet served with mixed pepper and celery stuffing, sautéed spinach and fish veloouté

Lamb loin with a Dijon mustard crust served with Red Bliss potatoes, sautéed mixed mushrooms, carrots and mustard sauce

Cheese tortellini served with vodka tomato sauce and fresh basil (vegetarian)

Cheese
Farmhouse Cheddar and French Brie served with dried mango

A sweet finish
Assorted petits fours

Light and quick
If you prefer a lighter option, you can order our quick meal with your drink and we will serve you as soon as posssible.
- First course
-Sliced roast beef served with Yukon Gold potatoes, tabbouleh and palm hearts
-Chocolate cake and cheese

Make yourself at home
Stroll over to the buffet area any time between meals and help yourself to cold drinks, real espresso or cappuccino and fresh fruit, ice cream, sandwiches or snacks

Before landing
Breakfast

Fresh fruit and natural youghurt with muesli

Hot rolls and bagels with cream cheese, cured ham, Swiss cheese and jam.

A selection of fruit juices, coffee or tea.

As for drinks, normally 2 red and 2 white, Sauternes for dessert and port and digetifes and cognac & Liqueurs and bitters and spirits and beers....HAVE A NICE flight!
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:55 pm

Could someone kindly confirm -- or refute -- the assertion in this dated thread that meal service in business class CPH-ORD will be front to back, with passengers in the front getting somewhat quicker service and a greater likelihood of scoring desired meal?

Sorry to resurrect a 10+ year old thread, but please give me credit for having searched.

Thanks.

Last edited by observer; Jul 17, 2018 at 8:23 pm
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by observer
Could someone kindly confirm -- or refute -- the assertion in this dated thread that meal service in business class CPH-ORD will be front to back, with passengers in the front getting somewhat quicker service and a greater likelihood of scoring desired meal?
Without having flown the specific route that is my experience in general with SK.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:14 am

Flew SAS intercontinental twice the last ten days, and service was from front to back. Sat in 4A out and 6A back, and in both cases all meal choices were available and the standard of catering was very good.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:53 am

In all of my last 10 years on SK business service was front to back. Never had an issue getting the desired meal in row 4 to 6.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:27 am

Thanks to all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.