FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   SAS | EuroBonus Lifetime Gold (EBG - LTG) [Experiences and Discussions] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1898364-sas-eurobonus-lifetime-gold-ebg-ltg-experiences-discussions.html)

fassy Nov 19, 2019 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by ksu (Post 31754628)
Hit LTG today, after three flights last Thursday. :-D

congrats... just qualified for EBG in my 9th year... one more to go.

SK2751 Nov 20, 2019 1:56 pm

I am still 4K points + 1 entire year away. Life is tough ;)

Nick Art Nov 21, 2019 10:15 am

Originally Posted by SK2751 (Post 31759144)
Life is tough ;)

Still eight more years to go for me!
But half the travel needed for next year is already booked ;)

Nick Art Jun 27, 2023 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art (Post 31762391)
Still eight more years to go for me!
But half the travel needed for next year is already booked ;)

Reviving this thread slightly. A lot has happened since my last post (and who would have imagined I would not be able to use any of the booked travel I mentioned in my post, but I digress...), but most importantly, I now only need four more years to hit LTG ;)

Jainzar Jun 27, 2023 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Nick Art (Post 35367007)
I now only need four more years to hit LTG ;)

And you can follow your LTG progress now also in the app.

GUWonder Jun 27, 2023 4:06 pm

For the sake of those who are SK LTG or trying to be, I hope SK’ lifetime is less finite than BD’s lifetime turned out to be for a bunch of BD*Gs.

tr3k Jun 27, 2023 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 35367894)
For the sake of those who are SK LTG or trying to be, I hope SK’ lifetime is less finite than BD’s lifetime turned out to be for a bunch of BD*Gs.

What's BD - don't recognize the code.

GUWonder Jun 27, 2023 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by tr3k (Post 35367996)

For a while it was the Star Alliance UK carrier, and then BA gobbled it up.

Just goes to show what happens to LTG status with Star Alliance airlines that don’t make it longer than our lives.

Here was the forum for it:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/

CPH-Flyer Jun 27, 2023 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by tr3k (Post 35367996)

British Midlands also called BMI

tr3k Jun 27, 2023 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 35368011)
For a while it was the Star Alliance UK carrier, and then BA gobbled it up.

Just goes to show what happens to LTG status with Star Alliance airlines that don’t make it longer than our lives.

Here was the forum for it:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/

Curious, only seen the name in passing.
Well, I am on year 6 (the next flight should qualify for Gold), but thanks to COVID 3 of those years were either not flying at all or very little. Mileage earning is also better than on other *A carriers under the same conditions. So, not a huge effort so far (though the next 4 years might be more challenging).

CPH-Flyer Jun 27, 2023 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by tr3k (Post 35368356)
Curious, only seen the name in passing.
Well, I am on year 6 (the next flight should qualify for Gold), but thanks to COVID 3 of those years were either not flying at all or very little. Mileage earning is also better than on other *A carriers under the same conditions. So, not a huge effort so far (though the next 4 years might be more challenging).

They were quite nice to fly. The A321s with full flat seats that BA used to operate to Moscow, Cairo, etc. came from BMI, probably the first airline to put Vantage full flat seats on an A321. I only ever flew them in J, certainly a much nicer experience than BA.

SK used to own a fair share of BMI, a share that Lufthansa eventually bought.

oliver2002 Jun 28, 2023 2:31 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art (Post 35367007)
I now only need four more years to hit LTG ;)

Good luck with that ;)

barbro66 Jun 29, 2023 3:44 am

Another ex-UK BD flyer here who jumped ship to SAS. And jumped ship to Scandinavia too -- perhaps the 'sinking ship' metaphor is just a bit too appropriate right now :-(

I always just scraped BMI gold back in the day, so the two years British Airways status they awarded when they were merged was actually quite good for me. Going to the BA first class lounge was a bit of an education in how 'the other half' live. I still remember two complaints from the comments book in the first class lounge: that "the champagne was insufficiently chilled", and that there was "an inadequate choice of pasta dishes". How they suffer those first class travellers.

One downside is that it delayed my status accumulation with SAS, so I have another 3 years to go until lifetime gold. I predict SAS bankruptcy in 2026 for sure...