Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Go Light [FAQ & Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Go Light [FAQ & Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nini_su
Just checked into SK 1591 CPH-BRU and used my free EBS luggage with a Go Light Youth Ticket. As I wasn't sure about the current rules on this (I booked the ticket after Jan 25), I politely asked whether I'd be able to use the free luggage at all. Surprisingly, the staff at the Business check-in told me that I always have a free luggage piece, also after I pointed out the rule change, which he apparently knew nothing about. :shrug:
The rule change was announced in January, but only take effect by early May. So for now, you should get a free bag no matter when you booked. Only by may it will matter when you booked.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 6:02 pm

SAS go light and luggage;

I am flying to Copenhagen from Heathrow next month on SAS Go Light. The dimensions of my suitcase are 24 x 16 x 9, of which 2 inches are wheels. Am I going to be allowed to carry my suitcase on board or will I have to check it in?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 7:15 pm

Have you visited the SAS forum? https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/
Old Apr 15, 2018, 7:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Bicknells
I am flying to Copenhagen from Heathrow next month on SAS Go Light. The dimensions of my suitcase are 24 x 16 x 9, of which 2 inches are wheels. Am I going to be allowed to carry my suitcase on board or will I have to check it in?
Too big!!
You will have to check it.
Max size is 9 x 16 x 22.
Just look at the SAS website ...
Old Apr 15, 2018, 11:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk @Bicknells.

Please follow the redirect as we send this to the SK forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
There was for a while a drive especially in Heathrow to check carry on size very carefully.

I don't know what the official approach is right now, but my last experiences with SK sadly indicates that there are no checks of carry on size at the moment. Though I have not been to Heathrow.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: A3*G, LH*FQTV
[Edit: Whoops, misread OP, never mind me.]
2 cents: Never saw anyone checking carry-on sizes on SAS out of CPH.

But yeah, @UAPremExecflyer is of course right, technically your suitcase is 2" oversized.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:55 am
Original Poster

So now even the high level members will pay with Go Light

"For passengers with Go Light tickets there is a fee for adding a checked-in baggage. The same rule will now also apply for all EuroBonus members, since SAS is removing the baggage benefit for EuroBonus Silver, Gold, Diamond, and Star Alliance Gold members, when traveling in Go Light.
The change concerns all Go Light tickets with departures from May 7, 2018."
Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: SK*Gold
The taking away of a free bag with Go Light lessens the benefit obtaining status with SK, especially *S.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:52 am

Just booked a flight from LLA via ARN to Germany and got a free 23kg bag in my booking, even I've booked Go Light, as TK Gold. Wondering why or maybe it's a mistake?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
It still shows me one free bag as a tier benefit, so now when I booked Go I can bring 2x23kg. Flight booked today for travel in Dec. IT glitch or they haven't yet turned on the change?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Furry
It still shows me one free bag as a tier benefit, so now when I booked Go I can bring 2x23kg. Flight booked today for travel in Dec. IT glitch or they haven't yet turned on the change?
If you have two bags, your base fare contains one bag and your A3 *G adds the second If your base was light then the base would be zero and showing one bag for ×G would have been an IT glitch
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If you have two bags, your base fare contains one bag and your A3 *G adds the second If your base was light then the base would be zero and showing one bag for ×G would have been an IT glitch
Ah, so the one extra bag is only removed from Light fares, that explains.

In example Go fare with *G is 2 bags total, Plus fare with *G is 3 bags total.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Are there new experience with checked bags on Go light fares as*G? Coz homepage still says „no extra bags on light fares“...
Old Sep 13, 2018, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by denkigroove
Are there new experience with checked bags on Go light fares as*G? Coz homepage still says „no extra bags on light fares“...
Those are the official rules, and while there may be exceptional cases where people got through or cases that people can still have booked before the rule change was announced, expect this to be enforced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.