FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   SAS & EuroBonus Introduction / Frequently Asked Questions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1662084-sas-eurobonus-introduction-frequently-asked-questions.html)

UltraRant Mar 10, 2015 8:09 am

SAS & EuroBonus Introduction / Frequently Asked Questions

Time to make a new FAQ / Introduction. A wiki entry will be attached.

The previous one was hopelessly outdated and even "un-sticky'd".

It's a bit work in progress, but please feel free to contribute. :)

Scando Mar 10, 2015 11:06 am

The booking class can also easily be seen on the Electronic Itinerary PDF SAS sends you after you order a ticket.
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/a...t.png~original

UltraRant Mar 11, 2015 1:03 am

Please add it to the wiki. :)

Scando Mar 11, 2015 9:21 am

I don't have enough post to add thing to wikis yet.

FlyerTalker01565 Mar 11, 2015 10:35 am

UltraRant, awesome wiki.

fassy Mar 11, 2015 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Scando (Post 24490298)
I don't have enough post to add thing to wikis yet.

Fixed that for you and also added how to see the booking class during the booking process.

@UltraRant
Great idea to refresh the FAQ!

ScandiGB Mar 11, 2015 5:47 pm

How do I make edits to the Wiki?

fassy Mar 12, 2015 2:04 am

Expand it, there is a Edit button on the bottom right

ScandiGB Mar 12, 2015 2:36 am

Originally Posted by fassy (Post 24494435)
Expand it, there is a Edit button on the bottom right

I can't see that button. Maybe I do not have enough posts.

fassy Mar 12, 2015 3:25 am

Oh, right. I think you need more posts... Like 80?

VigorVitalis Aug 25, 2015 9:32 am

Can you confirm that SAS does not offer class upgrades using EB points for intra-European SAS flights? Many thanks, VV

fassy Aug 25, 2015 9:37 am

They don't. Why would you ever want to do that? Plus service in Europe is bad! The only reason to buy Plus is the flexibility which a point upgrade won't give you. For free drinks/snack use either OT upgrades or buy Plus with cash+points

PsiFighter37 Jan 8, 2016 9:33 pm

A totally random question, but asking because there are really good business-class fares originating in Europe for the summer, and as I am planning 2 trips to Europe this summer, as a US-based traveler who is *A, I was planning on booking the trips as nested legs.

The question is: are there business-class fares that are non-refundable / what are the rules around fees for changing / cancelling? I looked on the SAS website, and the only thing I saw was that SAS Business tickets are 'generally refundable', which gives me some pause given that this is a relatively vague statement to make.

CPH-Flyer Jan 9, 2016 1:41 am

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 (Post 25988154)
A totally random question, but asking because there are really good business-class fares originating in Europe for the summer, and as I am planning 2 trips to Europe this summer, as a US-based traveler who is *A, I was planning on booking the trips as nested legs.

The question is: are there business-class fares that are non-refundable / what are the rules around fees for changing / cancelling? I looked on the SAS website, and the only thing I saw was that SAS Business tickets are 'generally refundable', which gives me some pause given that this is a relatively vague statement to make.

There are non refundable business class fares on long haul. Z is typically non refundable. The fee for rebooking is pretty steep ~500€, and in case of cancellation it is exactly non refundable. I.e. you can only get the airport taxes and fees back.

FlyingMoose Jan 9, 2016 2:35 am

Discounted business requires you to have a Saturday->Sunday night in your journey, otherwise it doesn't show up as a fare.