Wiki Posts
Search

Help With Connection at ARN

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Help With Connection at ARN

So I have two international flights (both from T5 @ ARN) connecting. The connection time is about 2.5 hours. I have no bags checked and it is on one reservation. So when I arrive, what exactly should I do? I just am not aware of the customs procedures, etc here. From other posts I seemed to get the idea that I could just walk off the jetway and go to my gate without passing through customs and immigration, but I am not completely sure if that's the idea I was supposed to get. Just a quick walk-through of the procedures I will need to follow and a rough layout of the terminal upon arrival and what I'll have to do to make the flight would be what I need. Hope it makes some sense. Thanks!
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
The answer depends on whether you arrive from outside Schengen or not, and if you are connecting within Schengen or not. If you give us some more information, I am convinced you could get very detailed step-by-step directions.

But even with the most complicated connection you can come up with, 2.5 hours at ARN will be about twice the time you could possibly need!

Here are SAS estimates: http://www.flysas.com/en/Travel_info...avel/Transfer/

Last edited by tourist; Jun 18, 2012 at 10:31 am Reason: Added link
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tourist
The answer depends on whether you arrive from outside Schengen or not, and if you are connecting within Schengen or not. If you give us some more information, I am convinced you could get very detailed step-by-step directions.

But even with the most complicated connection you can come up with, 2.5 hours at ARN will be about twice the time you could possibly need!
Great news in the last bit. Thanks for being so kind. Both are non-Schengen.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by sky303
Great news in the last bit. Thanks for being so kind. Both are non-Schengen.
I think you can avoid going through immigration, though if you are to spend time in Arlanda (and don't need a visa for schengen) I would suggest that you do. The lounges, and most of the shopping and food outlets are in the schengen area. My experience with going through immigration and transit seurity in Arlanda is limited but generally it has been very quick. It would most likely with 2 times immigration (in and out of schengen) and security leave you with 1,5 hours to spend in the airport. And they will be more enjoyable in the schengen area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.