Wiki Posts
Search

Points Calculator

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2010, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK Eurobonus
Points Calculator

Hi guys! I just registerd on the site after been searching for info a couple of tmes.

I just flew CPH-EWR-CPH on CO and wanted to calulate the points earned for the flights! CO website is very informative about miles earned for OnePass members but SK Eurobonus Calculator is really bad! I can't even choose anything in the menus besides the country! Anybody got any tips&tricks how to make it work? I sure hope that they upgrade this feature soon, maybe something like the miles&more calulator?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 6:46 am

Programs: SK EBG |CSA OK+ Gold | SPG Gold | CO, BD, QR, AF lowlife
Hi and welcome to FT!

It depends on what class you were in. Presuming economy; if it is in any of the following you will get the actual miles flown rounded up to nearest 100: Y, B, M, H, K, Q, U, V, G

But yes, there is not much help in the SAS homepage in regards to this.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 6:51 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SK1989
Hi guys! I just registerd on the site after been searching for info a couple of tmes.

I just flew CPH-EWR-CPH on CO and wanted to calulate the points earned for the flights!
Welcome to FlyerTalk, SK1989! Regarding your points, you need to tell us your booking class. Your total will be something like 0 or 1900 or 7800 or 15 600, depending on what fare you had.

cheers,

Henry
Old Mar 2, 2010, 6:54 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Just use the Great Circle Mapper: http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=EWR-CPH

It is 3867 miles, SAS rounds to nearest hundred so it comes to 3900, multiply by two for BusinessFirst class, or divide by four for el cheapo economy or stay put for regular economy.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK Eurobonus
Wow! that was fast!

I think I had Low Economy tickets, booking class S

Thanks!
Old Mar 13, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold, Lufthansa Senator, Flying Blue Platinum, SPG Platinum, BMI Gold, Hyatt Gold,
I had a similar question.

My itinerary was OSL - STO - ORD - MSY with SAS, but the STO - ORD flight was cancelled.

I was then rebooked with Lufthansa STO - FRA and United FRA - IAD and IAD - MSY.

My question is then, how much is the total earning? I am a EBG member.

Section Airline Class Points
OSL - STO SK Y+ 1130
STO - FRA LH Z ?
FRA - IAD UA C ?
IAD - MSY UA B ?

Do I just calculate the actual miles flown on the LH and UA flights, and x 2 on Z and C sections? +25% for EBG?

Why can't SAS make this easier?

Regards
Thor
Old Mar 14, 2011, 12:20 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thorhansen
My itinerary was OSL - STO - ORD - MSY with SAS, but the STO - ORD flight was cancelled.

I was then rebooked with Lufthansa STO - FRA and United FRA - IAD and IAD - MSY.

Do I just calculate the actual miles flown on the LH and UA flights, and x 2 on Z and C sections? +25% for EBG?
First of all, the +25% for EBG only applies to SK-group flights, so you wouldn't get that for the LH and UA segments. Secondly, because your longhaul ARN-ORD was on SK and that was the one that was cancelled, causing your involuntary re-routing, you should be able to get the points that would have applied to this itinerary (which would be higher, I think), rather than the actual points that accrue from your changed routing. Be sure to save all of the paperwork and send a note to Customer Service when you get home.

cheers,

Henry
Old Mar 14, 2011, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by thorhansen
I had a similar question.

Section Airline Class Points
OSL - STO SK Y+ 1130
STO - FRA LH Z ?
FRA - IAD UA C ?
IAD - MSY UA B ?

Why can't SAS make this easier?

Regards
Thor
No 25% bonus for EBG on LH and UA - only on SK flights. Therefore, I think it would be better for you to retro-claim (i.e. after you have travelled and miles appear in yr account) as per original booking, i.e. OSL-STO-ORD-MSY. Just write to Eurobonus in STO/Bangkok and ask for EB points as per original booking rather than actually flown. And then be very patient; it will take 8-10 weeks for the office in Bangkok to deal with it.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 7:34 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold, Lufthansa Senator, Flying Blue Platinum, SPG Platinum, BMI Gold, Hyatt Gold,
Originally Posted by SK AAR
No 25% bonus for EBG on LH and UA - only on SK flights. Therefore, I think it would be better for you to retro-claim (i.e. after you have travelled and miles appear in yr account) as per original booking, i.e. OSL-STO-ORD-MSY. Just write to Eurobonus in STO/Bangkok and ask for EB points as per original booking rather than actually flown. And then be very patient; it will take 8-10 weeks for the office in Bangkok to deal with it.
Thanks. Will do. Especially now with the "Double your points" campaign, the original flight, one way, would give med 15 000 points :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.