Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

Bay Area orders ‘shelter in place,’ only essential businesses in 6 counties to May 31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bay Area orders ‘shelter in place,’ only essential businesses in 6 counties to May 31

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2020, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
New and improved, and not surprisingly, until May 1!
Old Mar 30, 2020, 8:28 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Now including free enhanced social distancing monitoring!
Old Mar 30, 2020, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dhuey
I'm not very good at distinguishing aircraft by sound. Maybe some of these are National Guard planes. Whatever they are, they sound very different than commercial airliners.
Another really loud one a few hours ago - had several neighbors peeking out. I couldn't see it by the time I looked at the sky (but could still hear it).
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:11 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Don't give up on Amazon Fresh for deliveries... I was obsessively refreshing their calendar yesterday and a delivery slot opened for the 5am-7am block this morning. Woke up to find everything I ordered exactly where I asked them to leave it in our secured lobby. Huge weight lifted to not have to go out in public today.

Almost everything I wanted was in stock and the order was picked 100% correctly.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 8:55 pm

Rode down Great Highway this morning, everyone was out surfing.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 9:25 pm
mjm
Original Member

Another really loud one a few hours ago - had several neighbors peeking out. I couldn't see it by the time I looked at the sky (but could still hear it).
Military jet jockeys enjoying having a bit of free airspace over the usually crowded corridors?
Old Apr 1, 2020, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mjm
Military jet jockeys enjoying having a bit of free airspace over the usually crowded corridors?
Unlikely, but I suggest you give me access to your BAWS* so that I may inspect the interiors of some of the bottles to insure that these aircraft movements haven't caused any damage to the bottle contents.

(*Bay Area Wine Stash)
Old Apr 1, 2020, 6:50 pm
mjm
Original Member

Unlikely, but I suggest you give me access to your BAWS* so that I may inspect the interiors of some of the bottles to insure that these aircraft movements haven't caused any damage to the bottle contents.

(*Bay Area Wine Stash)
OMG! Would you?
In related news the storage space sent a notice that only a few people in at a time and only when scheduled and in case of a wine emergency. They no doubt have fair latitude on that one.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
For San Francisco, it is through May 3. (Health officers for each county make the decision, but it is at least through May 1 for all six counties.)
Old Apr 2, 2020, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
For San Francisco, it is through May 3. (Health officers for each county make the decision, but it is at least through May 1 for all six counties.)
I think all the counties extended until May 3, shortly after the May 1 date announcement. "Let's par-tay for the weekend" is probably a bad date (i.e., May 1) to lift the restrictions.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
I think all the counties extended until May 3, shortly after the May 1 date announcement. "Let's par-tay for the weekend" is probably a bad date (i.e., May 1) to lift the restrictions.
My prediction is that whenever restrictions begin to be lifted (and it wouldn't surprise me if it goes beyond early May), it will be a phased approach, with not all restrictions loosened at once.

In other words, I don't think we're going to go from current restrictions up to May 3rd (or whenever), and then "do whatever you want" on May 4th.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by econ
My prediction is that whenever restrictions begin to be lifted (and it wouldn't surprise me if it goes beyond early May), it will be a phased approach, with not all restrictions loosened at once.

In other words, I don't think we're going to go from current restrictions up to May 3rd (or whenever), and then "do whatever you want" on May 4th.
Agreed. Furthermore, "we" certainly don't want to run the risk of having flattened our curve pretty well and having the "oh look, San Francisco is open" crowd coming from "early denial, late to to the cooties" lands descend upon us.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 4:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Agreed. Furthermore, "we" certainly don't want to run the risk of having flattened our curve pretty well and having the "oh look, San Francisco is open" crowd coming from "early denial, late to to the cooties" lands descend upon us.
Yes, I think far more likely is a series of measured steps back in the direction of normal. I doubt we'll see a return to normal for concerts and sporting events until at least July, and even that is questionable.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dhuey
Yes, I think far more likely is a series of measured steps back in the direction of normal. I doubt we'll see a return to normal for concerts and sporting events until at least July, and even that is questionable.
Well, maybe the A's games (direction of normal) if they keep their attendance records of the past several years.
squeakr likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 4:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Well, maybe the A's games (direction of normal) if they keep their attendance records of the past several years.
Taking the idea seriously for a moment, I don't think these venues can work, even if everyone is seated apart far enough. You still have inevitable congestion in concourses, restrooms, entrances, exits, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.