Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO connection Questions between domestic and Singapore flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2013, 10:55 am
Original Poster

SFO connection Questions between domestic and Singapore flights

I am taking my mom to South Korea on May 2 (granted N. Korea behaves themselves for a few more weeks.)

We have her booked on two separate itineraries...she is flying United from IAH to SFO and then Singapore Airline from SFO to ICN. Coming back is the same...Singapore Airlines from ICN to SFO then United SFO to IAH.

Going will not be a problem because I will be with her...however...she is staying in S. Korea a little longer than I am and I am concerned with what she will need to do once she arrives in SFO.

Obviously she will need to go through customs and immigration once she arrives...at this point when she leaves the International terminal will she able to use the United Re-Check counter...or since she is on a separate itinerary will she need to go to the United Counter in Terminal 3?

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated...I'm sure my mom will be fine, but just to ease my nerves a bit...it would be nice to explain to her what she will need to do when she gets back.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 11:27 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

It should be straightforward. SQ should be able to check her bags through even if they are separate tickets, which means she can go to the re-check counter after customs.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, LH SEN, Mariott Titanium
Even if SQ is not able to check her bags all the way through the "friendly staff" at the recheck counter can check her in and check her bags so she does not have to carry them to the checkin counters.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 12:25 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
if she can get email, send her the drill at sfo which you will go thru....
Old Apr 15, 2013, 1:06 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
stevenh1979, welcome to FlyerTalk. For more discussion, I'll move the thread to the dedicated forum on San Francisco where SFO (airport) connections are often discussed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Question

Thanks l for the information!
I live in a different city and will be flying home in a different carrier.
I think I will have her check with the recheck desk to see if they can get her checked in and bags checked. If not I will send her to terminal 3. Hopefully her flight home to IAH will not be one of the ones flying out of terminal 1.

Thanks again for all the info/suggestions.

This is my first time traveling overseas...which is probably why I am nervous. She has been to Korea a few times but usually it's a direct flight from IAH to ICN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.