Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

ERewards--Watch out for this Sucker Survey

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2007, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)

Earn e-Rewards currency for participating in a research study about technology.

* Global Market Insight, Inc. (GMI), founded in 1999, is involved in conducting market research on 4 continents, serving customers in more than 40 countries. With operations in Europe, Asia and the Americas GMI serves many of the largest and most successful market research firms in the world.
* Full credit amount: receive $13.00 in e-Rewards when you access and fully complete the research survey.
* Partial credit amount: receive $1.00 in e-Rewards as a token of our appreciation if your survey answers do not meet the criteria to fully-qualify for the study OR if the pre-determined number of participants has been reached.
* The full survey should take approximately 25 minutes to complete.

I just spent about 20 minutes on this survey. The bar went up to 92% when I was disqualified. It is a survey about Microsoft Vista, Office 2007, and whether or not you plan to deploy it into your enterprise.

This one's a Sucker Survey!

I sent this to E-Rewards after I was suckered:

Hello,

First, let me say you guys are great. I have received a number of rewards from ERewards and find the requirements for them to be (usually) reasonable.

But--tonight I ran into an exception. I just took a survey, primarily about Windows Vista. I answered the survey well into the 90% range spending approximately 20 minutes on the survey. Only then did it tell me I did not qualify for the survey. By this point the survey had already gleaned a huge amount of data from me, most of which, quite honestly, was not very favorable towards Windows.

The deal was that I was supposed to get $13 for the survey and since I almost completed the survey I would like that amount credited. If you cannot, I understand.

May I suggest that you create criteria that your survey creators must follow--something along the lines of "eligibility for survey must be established within the first 5% of the survey after which point full credit must be given for surveys."

They got a lot of useful info out of but I really do feel as if I have been robbed! Don't worry--I'll live. Just thought you could use the feedback.

Thanks for your time--have a great day!

Pushback
Old Jan 17, 2007, 9:50 pm

Programs: Peon in all
I got this email offer, and completed the survey in full! For the 1st time, I qualified for a large survey (over $3)!

And the best part - the $13 reward posted immediately! ^
Old Jan 17, 2007, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT, CO GLD, UA 1P, Marriott SLVR, SPG GLD...
Thank you for warning us. I hate these "Sucker" surveys too.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 5:52 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
i'm fairly new to e-rewards and was wondering how is their customer service? Do you expect to get a reply on the issue? I'd be curious to see how they handle this situation, bc its absurd that 90+% is only "partial"... especially on a $13 survey
Old Jan 18, 2007, 9:24 am

Programs: American, United
Originally Posted by freeloader
i'm fairly new to e-rewards and was wondering how is their customer service? Do you expect to get a reply on the issue? I'd be curious to see how they handle this situation, bc its absurd that 90+% is only "partial"... especially on a $13 survey
I have only had negative experience with e-rewards customer service. Given that the only award I want is the AA miles, which are capped at $100 = 2000 miles per year, I got my award and cancelled e-rewards a few days ago. The surveys are longer than they are worth. I could have just as easily gotten the 2000 miles by taking the family out to dinner AND I would have gotten fed, instead of spending hours and hours completing stupid surveys. (I know others have enjoyed the program and utilize more of the rewards than I utilize.)
Old Jan 18, 2007, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
My experience with E-Rewards CS is that they ARE responsive and they ARE reasonable. For example when some magazines I ordered with awards never showed they put the points back within a week of my inquiry and told me to keep the magazine sub if they ever show up (one did, one didn't).

So, yes, I do expect a response.

However, here is what I do not consider reasonable. I do think there is definite "qualification length creep", poor estimation (usually in their customer's favor) of how long the overall surveys will take, and (generally--with some exceptions) point shrinkage relative to that underestimated completion time. It needs to be brought to their attention that people do realize when they are being toyed with.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 5:03 pm

Angry

It happen to me too today. I print screen where I left off. I had not send erewards the email yet. Now, after I see what happen to you. I sure will send one as well.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 12:24 pm

It happenened to me last night. It was a 18 min. survey about snacks. I did it like for 15 minutes and then I didn't qualify.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
pushback, did you hear anything back from erewards on your "long" disqualification?
Old Jan 19, 2007, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Not yet.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I've about given up on ERewards. Need to cash in my points.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 7:46 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP/2M Lifetime now Blackballed UA Premier Executive PWP Bronze
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371640

this is an ongoing problem

e-rewards is horrible

Old Jan 21, 2007, 9:23 pm

I haven't gotten anything from e-rewards for months now. I gave up already.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Sam - DFW
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371640

this is an ongoing problem

e-rewards is horrible

I agree, I just cashed another $100 award and got USAir miles. Over the past 2-3 years I have been subjected to AA, USAir and Hilton pts along with numerous free blockbuster rentals. I am tired of this horrible treatment. I demand that they quit sending me 5-10 emails a week. Who needs reward programs who's redemption policy is fast and who allows you to you to accumulate 1,000's of miles for free. This "ongoing problem" needs to be corrected.

Ken in Phx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.