Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Free pancakes at IHOP - Feb 28 (National pancake day)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP

Free short stack of buttermilk pancakes at IHOPs on Feb. 28.
http://www.ihoppancakeday.com/
Although "guests are asked to consider leaving a donation for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals(c) and other designated local charities."
Looks like they've been doing this since 2006.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:59 pm

Pancakes are definitely the best when they are free and contribute to a good cause.

Thanks for the heads up!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 8:20 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'll be there! Usually I get a soda to go along with the pancakes and leave a $5 so it's not quite "free" but it's certainly "reduced".
Old Feb 11, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: WN, DL, AA; Hyatt or Wyndham
Originally Posted by CMK10
I'll be there! Usually I get a soda to go along with the pancakes and leave a $5 so it's not quite "free" but it's certainly "reduced".
Soda and pancakes? Eww.

Gotta have milk.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
There better be lots of maple syrup as well!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by Delta Hog
Soda and pancakes? Eww.

Gotta have milk.
ewww is right LOL

Juice for me though
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: HH Gold, MR Silver, PC Platinum, CC Gold
A cup o' Joe for me with the free pancakes. IHOP has some pretty good coffee. I had to stop eating at Waffle House because they started running their coffee through a radiator.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 1:22 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
I went for my free pancakes a couple of years back, just as a bus from a group home also pulled up. 20 or so residents piled into IHOP, and were seated in the same section as me.

Each and every one of them ordered the free pancakes and water. They left without leaving a penny on the table (nor the donation bucket)

We had the same server, and as you pay on the way out at IHOP, I left a $40.00 tip.

Though I prefer all-you-can-eat pancakes to free pancake day.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:06 pm

These sorts of restaurant freebies are most often not worth it. IMO. Yes, the offer attracts a large crowd, but I'd rather pay the $6/8 and not wait for two hours to be seated, and be able to eat in peace.

Last year, free pancake day made the local newspapers, with a line wrapped around the building. Definitely not worth it to me. But a freebie is a freebie, I'm sure this year will draw a great crowd as well.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 4:32 pm

This was a disaster last time. Bunch of cheap folks who don't even tip. Made my friendly neighborhood ihop look like a flop house. I'm skipping it this year. Kids eat free most days anyway!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP
Another way to get a free IHOP shortstack - anytime

You can also get a free shortstack by calling the phone number on an IHOP receipt and answering the survey. Then bring the receipt to an IHOP to cash in for your shortstack. Good for 30 days after calling, if i remember correctly. Don't have to deal with the once-a-year crowds that way.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 7:10 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by AllanAtlanta
This was a disaster last time. Bunch of cheap folks who don't even tip. Made my friendly neighborhood ihop look like a flop house. I'm skipping it this year. Kids eat free most days anyway!
I'd rather pay than fight that mess.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by coachrowsey
Originally Posted by AllanAtlanta
I'd rather pay than fight that mess.
Exactly. I think I might take the family there for dinner tonight. I guess the promotion works. I often forget the IHOP is around the corner.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: BAEC, Emirates Skywards, Etihad Guest & HiltonHHonors.
Pancake Day - a centuries old tradition.

In the UK we have Shrove Tuesday which is also known as Pancake Day. (A day when Pancakes are made and eaten throughout the length & breadth of The British Isles.) It's an annual event and it's always the day before Ash Wednesday. It goes back through the centuries, whereby people would make a meal using milk, egg and flour. This would be prior to the Christian festival of Lent, when people fasted hoping to be forgiven for their misdemeanours. (The word Shrove comes from the verb shrive which means to forgive.) Nowadays it's lost its Christian connection, but the tradition still lives on.
This year it's on 21st February.

Last edited by Cypress; Feb 16, 2012 at 3:22 pm Reason: Forgot to add the date.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
i had forgotten about this. thank you.
last year, I brought my own Vermont maple syrup and caused a mini riot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.