FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Russia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russia-485/)
-   -   Nice hotel central Moscow (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russia/1641461-nice-hotel-central-moscow.html)

liamvad Dec 30, 2014 11:22 pm

Nice hotel central Moscow

Going to Moscow early March,can anyone recommend a good hotel near to Red Square?Many thanks.@:-)

SPBanker Dec 31, 2014 12:03 am

Originally Posted by liamvad (Post 24076685)
Going to Moscow early March,can anyone recommend a good hotel near to Red Square?Many thanks.@:-)

I can recommend many good hotels, some expensive, some slightly less expensive. What kind of prices are you looking for?

JFSV Dec 31, 2014 2:30 am

I have stayed in many: some more expensive and some more reasonably priced. Now however that the RUB is down, you will be able to get very decent details.

If you want 5* ones, my favourite is the Swissotel. It is not the closest one to Red Square but you can walk there along the river in roughly 15mins if you dont get lost :).

The Metropol is also pretty decent hotel-wise, and in terms of location, its among the best. The Hotel National is also very close to Red Square, so a good option if you dont mind paying a bit more.

If you want something cheaper (the above three are 5*), I suggest you look for something along Tverskaya. I personally like the area near Beloruskaya, a few nice bars around and very well communicated. You can also walk pretty much anywhere from there although early March might be cold.

homelyboy Jan 2, 2015 2:51 am

Originally Posted by JFSV (Post 24077085)
If you want 5* ones, my favourite is the Swissotel. It is not the closest one to Red Square but you can walk there along the river in roughly 15mins if you dont get lost :).

3 kilometers in 15 minutes? Not unless you are are a racewalker :) .

JFSV Jan 6, 2015 1:19 am

Originally Posted by homelyboy (Post 24086983)
3 kilometers in 15 minutes? Not unless you are are a racewalker :) .

K, I may have exaggerated there. In summer you dont notice it that much, given the sweet weather :)

woody125 Jan 6, 2015 7:10 am

The Ritz is just outside of Red Square across the Okhotny Ryad underground shopping mall/gathering area. Is that nice enough/central enough?

liamvad Jan 9, 2015 12:25 pm

Have settled on the Hotel Kamergersky, hopefully will be ok,not far from Red Square.

MichalFKowalik Feb 2, 2015 11:43 am

Originally Posted by liamvad (Post 24133709)
Have settled on the Hotel Kamergersky, hopefully will be ok,not far from Red Square.

I stayed there, super small rooms but unusually nice staff and tons of food/drink joints around. You'll be happy. Even w/o command of Russian.

stay safe!
mfk

liamvad Feb 2, 2015 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by MichalFKowalik (Post 24278536)
I stayed there, super small rooms but unusually nice staff and tons of food/drink joints around. You'll be happy. Even w/o command of Russian.

stay safe!
mfk

Thanks,travelling with my cousin,visas obtained today,so all ready to go in March.