Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Nice hotel central Moscow

Old Dec 30, 14, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad

Going to Moscow early March,can anyone recommend a good hotel near to Red Square?Many thanks.
Old Dec 31, 14, 12:03 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by liamvad View Post
Going to Moscow early March,can anyone recommend a good hotel near to Red Square?Many thanks.
I can recommend many good hotels, some expensive, some slightly less expensive. What kind of prices are you looking for?
Old Dec 31, 14, 2:30 am

Programs: Krisflyer Elite Gold, BAEC Bronze, Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
I have stayed in many: some more expensive and some more reasonably priced. Now however that the RUB is down, you will be able to get very decent details.

If you want 5* ones, my favourite is the Swissotel. It is not the closest one to Red Square but you can walk there along the river in roughly 15mins if you dont get lost .

The Metropol is also pretty decent hotel-wise, and in terms of location, its among the best. The Hotel National is also very close to Red Square, so a good option if you dont mind paying a bit more.

If you want something cheaper (the above three are 5*), I suggest you look for something along Tverskaya. I personally like the area near Beloruskaya, a few nice bars around and very well communicated. You can also walk pretty much anywhere from there although early March might be cold.
Old Jan 2, 15, 2:51 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver)
Originally Posted by JFSV View Post
If you want 5* ones, my favourite is the Swissotel. It is not the closest one to Red Square but you can walk there along the river in roughly 15mins if you dont get lost .
3 kilometers in 15 minutes? Not unless you are are a racewalker .
Old Jan 6, 15, 1:19 am

Programs: Krisflyer Elite Gold, BAEC Bronze, Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by homelyboy View Post
3 kilometers in 15 minutes? Not unless you are are a racewalker .
K, I may have exaggerated there. In summer you dont notice it that much, given the sweet weather
Old Jan 6, 15, 7:10 am

Programs: DL DM (MM), SPG/Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, LH Never Ever Again!
The Ritz is just outside of Red Square across the Okhotny Ryad underground shopping mall/gathering area. Is that nice enough/central enough?
Old Jan 9, 15, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Have settled on the Hotel Kamergersky, hopefully will be ok,not far from Red Square.
Old Feb 2, 15, 11:43 am

Programs: price is a king
Originally Posted by liamvad View Post
Have settled on the Hotel Kamergersky, hopefully will be ok,not far from Red Square.
I stayed there, super small rooms but unusually nice staff and tons of food/drink joints around. You'll be happy. Even w/o command of Russian.

stay safe!
mfk
Old Feb 2, 15, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MichalFKowalik View Post
I stayed there, super small rooms but unusually nice staff and tons of food/drink joints around. You'll be happy. Even w/o command of Russian.

stay safe!
mfk
Thanks,travelling with my cousin,visas obtained today,so all ready to go in March.

Search this Thread