Wiki Posts
Search

Will I need a Visa?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Will I need a Visa?

Hi, i tried looking for answer, but became more confused.
We are both US citizens, and are traveling to Helsinki on Sept. I thought of taking the train, or flying into St. Petersburgh for a one day trip, arriving Saturday AM, returning same day back to Helsinki. Do we need a Visa? We are only staying in Rusia for less than 12hrs on Saturday.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 10:41 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador Elite and Lifetime Platinum
If you fly or take the train (www.vr.fi) you need a visa even for that short of a stay. You may be able to take a boat cruise (www.stpeterline.ru) and enter without the visa. It's not a ferry, but rather a 15-ish hour cruise. There is another trip advising site that has forums with experts on the cruise topic. DM me if you have questions.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by arollins
Hi, i tried looking for answer, but became more confused.
We are both US citizens, and are traveling to Helsinki on Sept. I thought of taking the train, or flying into St. Petersburgh for a one day trip, arriving Saturday AM, returning same day back to Helsinki. Do we need a Visa? We are only staying in Rusia for less than 12hrs on Saturday.
Yes, you'll both need visas unless you're on a cruise like Charlie mentioned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.