Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Osaka, Japan - Ritz Carlton [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2005, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, HH Silver. AA, DL

I previously started the "Tokyo Marriott" thread with the thought of commuting btw Tokyo and Osaka to stay within the MR brand. I saw tonight that the RC has a property in Osaka.

I know their reputation. However, has anyone stayed there and can comment. I can stay there and receive points.

Thanks,

FrogFlier

-Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 8:09 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, NWA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Although you can use Marriott Rewards point to get free stays at Ritz Carlton, the Ritz will not give you Marriott Rewards points for staying with them.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 9:35 pm

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
Ritz Carlton Osaka is a very wonderful hotel as many people know. I have stayed a couple of times before, and got very beautiful experiences there. But on 17th of December in 2004, unfortunately this hotel caused food poisoning in the banquet hall and was closed from 24th to 26th of December. Many people are disappointed in this hotel now, but I think it is a good chance for us to stay at Ritz Carlton especially now because of the desire that good service is done after all staff try to retrieve confidence. ^
Old Sep 16, 2009, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What is the club lounge like? Is there free wifi anywhere here? Is the best way to get here from the airport to take the bus to the train station and then call the hotel's bellman to arrange a pickup in the hotel car?
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Better late than never?

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
What is the club lounge like?
RC Osaka club lounge is my favorite of any hotel I've ever stayed. There are five presentations a day, changed daily, and you really could get by without eating anywhere else. Staff is extremely friendly, but their English can be a bit spotty. Pretty much anything we asked for we got. If you're not staying on the club level, you can get access for 12,500 yen plus tax/service charge, and I would even say that that is worth it (especially if you drink alcohol, which is free in the club lounge)

Is there free wifi anywhere here?
There is free Wi-Fi in the club lounge. Also the room Wi-Fi is free for Gold RC Rewards members (I've found that you can even use the club lounge Wi-Fi from your room if you're close enough to it)

Is the best way to get here from the airport to take the bus to the train station and then call the hotel's bellman to arrange a pickup in the hotel car?
You could do that, but I think that the Limousine Bus is easier.

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Proper...ns/Default.htm
Old Aug 3, 2013, 8:53 pm
jli

Programs: SPG, Marriott Rewards
hi all,
i am currently planning to make a stay in this property later this year...
but reading through international websites www.ritzcarlton.com I find that the available room options are pretty limited, yet after googling I have found the Japanese website http://www.ritz-carlton.co.jp/, which it offers way more options that the international website.
Yet, as a non-Japanese, I certainly have difficulties in understanding the content of the site and I was trying to understand the content by using google translate.

Here comes my question which I am wondering if any FT can answer,
1. Does anyone know if I can earn MR if book through the http://www.ritz-carlton.co.jp/ website?
2. Why the room options in the japanese version are far more generous and versatile than the international one? (eg. I saw options like booking 1 suite + 1 superior room at a discount in the japanese website)

I have been trying to e-mail the ritz team in osaka but so far I didn't receive any reply yet. So would be great to know if anyone has ever tried to use the japanese website and successfully gain credits to MR after the stay!

Much appreciated!
Old Aug 3, 2013, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jli
hi all,
but reading through international websites www.ritzcarlton.com I find that the available room options are pretty limited, yet after googling I have found the Japanese website http://www.ritz-carlton.co.jp/, which it offers way more options that the international website.
I'm not sure what you are looking at, but just checking a random date (October 16th), I see 13 room options available on the international site (including the Presidential Suite), and only 11 on the Japanese site.

If anything, my experience is that the Japanese site is more limited than the International site.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 6:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
You should earn MR points if you provide your MR # when booking.

PS - Welcome to FT!!

Cheers.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 7:19 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
google chrome will translate the jp site

Originally Posted by jli
hi all,
Yet, as a non-Japanese, I certainly have difficulties in understanding the content of the site and I was trying to understand the content by using google translate.

Here comes my question which I am wondering if any FT can answer,
1. Does anyone know if I can earn MR if book through the http://www.ritz-carlton.co.jp/ website?
2. Why the room options in the japanese version are far more generous and versatile than the international one? (eg. I saw options like booking 1 suite + 1 superior room at a discount in the japanese website)

I have been trying to e-mail the ritz team in osaka but so far I didn't receive any reply yet. So would be great to know if anyone has ever tried to use the japanese website and successfully gain credits to MR after the stay!

Much appreciated!
google chrome will translate the jp site

i have not booked via the jp site, but i see no issues with it
Old Aug 4, 2013, 7:35 am
jli

Thanks all!
As I have three adults staying, so I am trying to search with the option [3 adults]
It turns out the international website offer limited option for this search criteria, but the japanese website provides lots more choices (and more detailed), including connecting rooms, or club rooms with rollaway bed, etc. The price stated are also more detailed in the japanese website too.

Just one more question, just wondering if the double beds (I don't want rollaway) in the club room are large enough for three adults (standard asian size) to sleep in? In that way I do not have to pay for the extra room but just for the extra person. Thanks a lot!
Old Aug 4, 2013, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jli
Thanks all!
As I have three adults staying, so I am trying to search with the option [3 adults]
It turns out the international website offer limited option for this search criteria, but the japanese website provides lots more choices (and more detailed), including connecting rooms, or club rooms with rollaway bed, etc. The price stated are also more detailed in the japanese website too.

Just one more question, just wondering if the double beds (I don't want rollaway) in the club room are large enough for three adults (standard asian size) to sleep in? In that way I do not have to pay for the extra room but just for the extra person. Thanks a lot!
RC Osaka (and RC Tokyo) will not allow three adults to sleep in a room that isn't a suite. That is why you are not seeing the rooms on the International site when you put three adults in.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 7:30 am
jli

Originally Posted by hailstorm
RC Osaka (and RC Tokyo) will not allow three adults to sleep in a room that isn't a suite. That is why you are not seeing the rooms on the International site when you put three adults in.
I guess they allow now, just got their reply.

Club Deluxe Twin room with extra bed 51 square meters
14th Oct 44,000 JPY extra bed 17,797 JPY

Club Suite twin room with extra bed 76 square meters
14th Oct 62,000 JPY extra bed 17,797 JPY

Cheers!
Old Aug 5, 2013, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the update!
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:26 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
http://www.asahi.com/articles/OSK201310250025.html (Japanese only)
http://www.ritz-carlton.co.jp/information/6911.html (Japanese only)

Apparently one of the restaurants located in and managed by the RC Osaka as well as the RC's room service have been found to have falsified their menus, claiming to have used high-quality ingredients while using lower-grade substitutes. For example, using prepackaged bread while claiming it to be "homemade bread" despite and using prepackaged juice instead "fresh orange and grapefruit juice". The mislabeling of bread had apparently been going on for 2-3 years.

Ironic as this comes only four days after said restaurant received a Michelin star for 2014.

This is part of a wider scandal involving the RC Osaka's parent company, Hankyu Hanshin Hotel Group.

Last edited by armagebedar; Oct 24, 2013 at 10:32 pm
Old Oct 25, 2013, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

English story.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.