FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ride Services, including Uber and Lyft (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ride-services-including-uber-lyft-747/)
-   -   Uber Rewards rolls out six-month status extension (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ride-services-including-uber-lyft/2015393-uber-rewards-rolls-out-six-month-status-extension.html)

djsflynn Apr 9, 2020 2:22 am

Uber Rewards rolls out six-month status extension

Uber Rewards Gold, Platinum and Diamond members with a qualifying period ending between April 1 and May 31 will receive an extra six months at their current tier, allowing them to retain their status and perks until as late as November 2020.
https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...atus-extension

WoodstockJim Apr 10, 2020 6:24 am

Thanks for this update. I went to zero travel March 16 and was worried about this.

cfischer Apr 14, 2020 7:29 am

Just April and May? Mine ends in early June and I haven't been able to use Uber since early March. Sad they didn't take the chance to just extend everyone by 6 months, considering they have 6-month periods only.

strife May 1, 2020 12:30 am

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 32292082)
Just April and May? Mine ends in early June and I haven't been able to use Uber since early March. Sad they didn't take the chance to just extend everyone by 6 months, considering they have 6-month periods only.

They mention in the article they will evaluate further extensions for each month as it passes. I agree though that it would be sensible to just extend everyone by a certain time period.

cfischer May 1, 2020 11:44 am

Originally Posted by strife (Post 32339695)
They mention in the article they will evaluate further extensions for each month as it passes. I agree though that it would be sensible to just extend everyone by a certain time period.

you would think they'd do that ... we'll see.

Segments Jun 4, 2020 4:11 am

My status expired yesterday. No extension beyond May 31. Dropped from Diamond to Platinum.

bman1002 Jun 14, 2020 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by Segments (Post 32428402)
My status expired yesterday. No extension beyond May 31. Dropped from Diamond to Platinum.

Same. I have not seen the extension post either.

Segments Jun 15, 2020 6:44 am

Originally Posted by bman1002 (Post 32457003)
Same. I have not seen the extension post either.

Reach out to Twitter. I did and they offered to extend my now Platinum status through the next earnings window. I didn’t push back about the lost Diamond status as I realized I was probably better off especially if they don’t extend again in December.

For me the difference between Diamond and Platinum is minimal and I anticipate significantly reduced use of Uber through 2020. (Business travel unlikely until January).

cfischer Jun 27, 2020 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Segments (Post 32428402)

yep, same here. I reached out to them prior to expiry and they told me to pound sand. My company prefers Lyft anyway, so i will probably give them a shot. Very stupid business decision from Uber ...

ainternational Aug 12, 2020 1:34 am

Did they extend this? How could they not... but no announcement?

bman1002 Aug 12, 2020 10:51 am

Originally Posted by ainternational (Post 32598477)
Did they extend this? How could they not... but no announcement?

I think they did extend this. I was I was previously downgraded to Gold, but I am now back up to Plat until early next year.

ainternational Aug 13, 2020 3:21 am

Originally Posted by bman1002 (Post 32599444)
I think they did extend this. I was I was previously downgraded to Gold, but I am now back up to Plat until early next year.

Hmm my Uber app says I need to earn XXX more points by September 1 of this year to retain Diamond

cfischer Aug 16, 2020 12:14 pm

after the downgrade they now re-instated my status. No communication whatsoever. Uber is going downhill fast ...

Segments Aug 16, 2020 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 32608158)
after the downgrade they now re-instated my status. No communication whatsoever.

Same.

ikwia Aug 19, 2020 10:53 am

fwiw, my expiration was in August 2020, but my Diamond status was extended until mid-February 2021. There's no way I will meet the Diamond threshold by then...and when I do start traveling again, that will hurt, as the fixed pricing on my preferred route saves me quite a bit of money.