Uber Rewards rolls out six-month status extension

Old Apr 9, 20, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Uber Rewards rolls out six-month status extension

Uber Rewards Gold, Platinum and Diamond members with a qualifying period ending between April 1 and May 31 will receive an extra six months at their current tier, allowing them to retain their status and perks until as late as November 2020.
https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...atus-extension
Old Apr 10, 20, 7:24 am

Programs: Delta, AA, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH, Avis PP
Thanks for this update. I went to zero travel March 16 and was worried about this.
Old Apr 14, 20, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Just April and May? Mine ends in early June and I haven't been able to use Uber since early March. Sad they didn't take the chance to just extend everyone by 6 months, considering they have 6-month periods only.
Mr. BoH and Segments like this.
Old May 1, 20, 1:30 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM - Jet Blue Mosaic - Hyatt LTG - Hilton Diamond (Aspire) - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
Just April and May? Mine ends in early June and I haven't been able to use Uber since early March. Sad they didn't take the chance to just extend everyone by 6 months, considering they have 6-month periods only.
They mention in the article they will evaluate further extensions for each month as it passes. I agree though that it would be sensible to just extend everyone by a certain time period.
Old May 1, 20, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by strife View Post
They mention in the article they will evaluate further extensions for each month as it passes. I agree though that it would be sensible to just extend everyone by a certain time period.
you would think they'd do that ... we'll see.
Old Jun 4, 20, 5:11 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAEE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, US CP (RIP)
My status expired yesterday. No extension beyond May 31. Dropped from Diamond to Platinum.

Last edited by Segments; Jun 4, 20 at 6:17 am
Old Jun 14, 20, 11:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Segments View Post
My status expired yesterday. No extension beyond May 31. Dropped from Diamond to Platinum.
Same. I have not seen the extension post either.
Old Jun 15, 20, 7:44 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAEE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by bman1002 View Post
Same. I have not seen the extension post either.
Reach out to Twitter. I did and they offered to extend my now Platinum status through the next earnings window. I didnít push back about the lost Diamond status as I realized I was probably better off especially if they donít extend again in December.

For me the difference between Diamond and Platinum is minimal and I anticipate significantly reduced use of Uber through 2020. (Business travel unlikely until January).
Old Jun 27, 20, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Segments View Post
yep, same here. I reached out to them prior to expiry and they told me to pound sand. My company prefers Lyft anyway, so i will probably give them a shot. Very stupid business decision from Uber ...
Old Aug 12, 20, 2:34 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card, Amanjunkie, Global Entry, CLEAR
Did they extend this? How could they not... but no announcement?
Old Aug 12, 20, 11:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ainternational View Post
Did they extend this? How could they not... but no announcement?
I think they did extend this. I was I was previously downgraded to Gold, but I am now back up to Plat until early next year.
Old Aug 13, 20, 4:21 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card, Amanjunkie, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by bman1002 View Post
I think they did extend this. I was I was previously downgraded to Gold, but I am now back up to Plat until early next year.
Hmm my Uber app says I need to earn XXX more points by September 1 of this year to retain Diamond
Old Aug 16, 20, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

after the downgrade they now re-instated my status. No communication whatsoever. Uber is going downhill fast ...
Old Aug 16, 20, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
after the downgrade they now re-instated my status. No communication whatsoever.
Same.
Old Aug 19, 20, 11:53 am

Programs: AA CK (3MM), Marriott LTT and Ambassador, Uber Diamond, UA Gold
fwiw, my expiration was in August 2020, but my Diamond status was extended until mid-February 2021. There's no way I will meet the Diamond threshold by then...and when I do start traveling again, that will hurt, as the fixed pricing on my preferred route saves me quite a bit of money.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: