FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ride Services, including Uber and Lyft (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ride-services-including-uber-lyft-747/)
-   -   Receive Uber credit 5-10% Back on purchases with Visa Local Offers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ride-services-including-uber-lyft/1918324-receive-uber-credit-5-10-back-purchases-visa-local-offers.html)

flybie Jul 5, 2018 10:08 am

Receive Uber credit 5-10% Back on purchases with Visa Local Offers

I saw this on one of the news feeds this morning, not sure how long has this been going. You can receive 5-10% back on Uber credits at participating restaurants and store when you use Visa card to purchase. Mine only shows 5% offers. You don't have to use Uber credit card.

source:
Get Uber Credits (5%-10%) Back on Purchases With Visa Credit Card Local Offers

lainys Jul 7, 2018 11:38 am

Originally Posted by flybie (Post 29940962)
I saw this on one of the news feeds this morning, not sure how long has this been going. You can receive 5-10% back on Uber credits at participating restaurants and store when you use Visa card to purchase. Mine only shows 5% offers. You don't have to use Uber credit card.

source:
Get Uber Credits (5%-10%) Back on Purchases With Visa Credit Card Local Offers

At least a year ongoing. The list of participating vendors change from time to time. I've seen Whole Foods on and off. Even a local chinese restaurant we drop by for dinner from time to time when we don't want to cook at home. Just make sure you charge it to your Visa. I accidentally set mine to my corporate Amex initially ;(

Eastbay1K Aug 2, 2018 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by lainys (Post 29948012)
At least a year ongoing. The list of participating vendors change from time to time. I've seen Whole Foods on and off. Even a local chinese restaurant we drop by for dinner from time to time when we don't want to cook at home. Just make sure you charge it to your Visa. I accidentally set mine to my corporate Amex initially ;(

Is the program about to end? My offers always say the whole month ... until this month, where it says August 1 - 8.

hln Aug 8, 2018 9:23 pm

I definitely need to check this out

Eastbay1K Aug 9, 2018 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 30041014)
Is the program about to end? My offers always say the whole month ... until this month, where it says August 1 - 8.

Now 9th through 15th. Seems like there will be more frequent updates.

akr1970akr Nov 30, 2018 4:36 pm

Mine have not tracked automatically (so far) but at least Uber support was able to add the credits manually, after I provided the name of the vendor and spend.

A nice feature, assuming that the restaurants (most of them are that) are not overpriced to begin with.

Points Scrounger Dec 1, 2018 12:02 pm

I've had two recent fails (same vendor) - what info exactly will they need?

DeltaNeutral28 May 13, 2019 7:41 am

I have Sam's club showing up at 5%. Does the gas at Sam's count?

akr1970akr May 13, 2019 4:46 pm

Is anyone else not seeing them show up anymore? I'm in SMF area and they have completely disappeared from my app. This has been going on for a few days.

Points Scrounger May 14, 2019 10:00 am

Mine are still there

Points Scrounger Jun 11, 2019 11:02 am

Bumping this thread as the local offers is nowhere to be found for me these days.

Segments Jun 11, 2019 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger (Post 31192317)
Bumping this thread as the local offers is nowhere to be found for me these days.

As in, can’t find on the app, or can’t find anything worth buying? With more prominent placement of UberRewards stuff the best place to find Visa local offers is under the payment tab > payment offers > earn UberCash

That said, the volume of desirable options has diminished.

Eastbay1K Jun 11, 2019 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Segments (Post 31193078)

As in, can’t find on the app, or can’t find anything worth buying? With more prominent placement of UberRewards stuff the best place to find Visa local offers is under the payment tab > payment offers > earn UberCash

That said, the volume of desirable options has diminished.

I don't even have a "payment offers" choice (Android here).

Segments Jun 11, 2019 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 31193367)

On the iPhone app it is located next to info on the AMEX UberCash benefit if that helps.

Points Scrounger Jun 11, 2019 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 31193367)

Same here - odd that Apple folks would keep it and we wouldn't?