Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Ride Services, including Uber and Lyft
Reload this Page >

Receive Uber credit 5-10% Back on purchases with Visa Local Offers

Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:08 am
Original Poster

I saw this on one of the news feeds this morning, not sure how long has this been going. You can receive 5-10% back on Uber credits at participating restaurants and store when you use Visa card to purchase. Mine only shows 5% offers. You don't have to use Uber credit card.

source:
Get Uber Credits (5%-10%) Back on Purchases With Visa Credit Card Local Offers
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: UA MM /Gold ; AS MVP Gold; SWA A LIst and CP; HH Gold; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Plat Elite
Originally Posted by flybie
I saw this on one of the news feeds this morning, not sure how long has this been going. You can receive 5-10% back on Uber credits at participating restaurants and store when you use Visa card to purchase. Mine only shows 5% offers. You don't have to use Uber credit card.

source:
Get Uber Credits (5%-10%) Back on Purchases With Visa Credit Card Local Offers
At least a year ongoing. The list of participating vendors change from time to time. I've seen Whole Foods on and off. Even a local chinese restaurant we drop by for dinner from time to time when we don't want to cook at home. Just make sure you charge it to your Visa. I accidentally set mine to my corporate Amex initially ;(
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by lainys
At least a year ongoing. The list of participating vendors change from time to time. I've seen Whole Foods on and off. Even a local chinese restaurant we drop by for dinner from time to time when we don't want to cook at home. Just make sure you charge it to your Visa. I accidentally set mine to my corporate Amex initially ;(
Is the program about to end? My offers always say the whole month ... until this month, where it says August 1 - 8.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:23 pm
hln

I definitely need to check this out
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Is the program about to end? My offers always say the whole month ... until this month, where it says August 1 - 8.
Now 9th through 15th. Seems like there will be more frequent updates.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Mine have not tracked automatically (so far) but at least Uber support was able to add the credits manually, after I provided the name of the vendor and spend.

A nice feature, assuming that the restaurants (most of them are that) are not overpriced to begin with.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I've had two recent fails (same vendor) - what info exactly will they need?
Old May 13, 2019, 7:41 am

I have Sam's club showing up at 5%. Does the gas at Sam's count?
Old May 13, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Is anyone else not seeing them show up anymore? I'm in SMF area and they have completely disappeared from my app. This has been going on for a few days.
Old May 14, 2019, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Mine are still there
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bumping this thread as the local offers is nowhere to be found for me these days.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Bumping this thread as the local offers is nowhere to be found for me these days.
As in, cant find on the app, or cant find anything worth buying? With more prominent placement of UberRewards stuff the best place to find Visa local offers is under the payment tab > payment offers > earn UberCash

That said, the volume of desirable options has diminished.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Segments

As in, cant find on the app, or cant find anything worth buying? With more prominent placement of UberRewards stuff the best place to find Visa local offers is under the payment tab > payment offers > earn UberCash

That said, the volume of desirable options has diminished.
I don't even have a "payment offers" choice (Android here).
Old Jun 11, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
On the iPhone app it is located next to info on the AMEX UberCash benefit if that helps.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same here - odd that Apple folks would keep it and we wouldn't?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.