FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ride Services, including Uber and Lyft (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ride-services-including-uber-lyft-747/)
-   -   ALWAYS take a screenshot w/ Uber/UberEats (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ride-services-including-uber-lyft/1869840-always-take-screenshot-w-uber-ubereats.html)

Gig103 Oct 1, 2017 8:36 pm

ALWAYS take a screenshot w/ Uber/UberEats

1 Attachment(s)
I honestly only use Uber & UberEats because it comes with credits via American Express. I have seen enough complaints against them to be proactive and take screenshots, and tonight it paid off. UberEats changed my booking fee from $1.99 to $4.99 at my final receipt, and their idea of 'support' is to imply I'm lying ("I do not see any $1.99 delivery fee in your area") and demand a screenshot.

So I have the screenshot and so whether it's from them or a formal dispute with American Express, I will have my $3 back. But I wanted to post as buyer beware. You can even see on the receipt that the temporary hold was for the correct $24.84.

Ultraboost Oct 1, 2017 9:29 pm

I don't think I've ever seen a "booking fee" of less than $4.99. I wonder if it's just a technical glitch.

kb9522 Oct 4, 2017 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by Ultraboost (Post 28882574)
I don't think I've ever seen a "booking fee" of less than $4.99. I wonder if it's just a technical glitch.

I hadn't used UberEATS in a while, but when I used it last week, I noticed the booking fee was $4.99. It struck me as high because I'm almost certain it was much lower (to the point of negligible) the last time I used the service.

Need Oct 6, 2017 8:30 am

Originally Posted by kb9522 (Post 28895530)
I hadn't used UberEATS in a while, but when I used it last week, I noticed the booking fee was $4.99. It struck me as high because I'm almost certain it was much lower (to the point of negligible) the last time I used the service.

When UberEats launched in my area, the booking fee was like $0.99 or $1.99, but now it is $4.99. Maybe OP lives in an area that used to be $1.99 but now back to normal rate of $4.99. Probably an app glitch showing the old price. But even receipt shows they put a hold on the credit card based on the $1.99 fee. So it could be possible the glitch is on the receipt.. and OP's credit card was only charged $1.99 booking fee.

Diplomatico Oct 6, 2017 8:53 am

Originally Posted by kb9522 (Post 28895530)

The booking fee is $4.99 where I live also and is the main reason that I've never used UberEATS unless I'm burning AMEX Plat Uber credits at the end of the month.

Seriously, $4.99 booking fee and the plea to tip the drivers? Pass.

Xlr Oct 6, 2017 6:29 pm

Technical glitch or not, they should never be charging more than what they quote. I hope OP gets a refund.

Gig103 Oct 10, 2017 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Xlr (Post 28902548)
Technical glitch or not, they should never be charging more than what they quote. I hope OP gets a refund.

I did get a refund, but the fact that, without a screenshot, I would have been screwed, is why I wanted to post this warning.

dave405nyc Oct 13, 2017 10:23 am

Thanks OP for the tip. Will take screenshots of my orders going forward!