Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Ride Services, including Uber and Lyft
Reload this Page >

Using didi (滴滴出行) without a Chinese credit/debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using didi (滴滴出行) without a Chinese credit/debit card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MMU
Can someone please confirm a successful DiDi ride paid with an international credit card? Thanks!
Confirmed (Citi Prestige)
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1mm), Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz Pres
Flying to PVG next week. Would like to use didi. Loaded my Amex card and seemed to work. Is there a special area in PVG to pick up didi cars? Like a dedicated car share area I should look for? Thanks
Old Aug 24, 2017, 12:13 am

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
I was able to d/l Didi from US Apple Store. When I fired it up, it asked if I wanted to keep my language as English.

Yes.

I was able to set up my account using my US phone number. Funny that the text sent with the confirmation code came from 408.

Didi works like Grab, Uber, Lyft etc. You have a credit card on file and rides are charged to it, right? Which payment method can I use if I have a local debit (HSBC) card? Got four choices, Password Free for Alipay, All-In-one Net Bank Cards, QQ wallet, WeChat or International Credit card?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Any updates on this topic? I downloaded the Didi app for Android from the Google Play Store, and my malware checker flagged it as spyware. I removed it, but couldn't find anything on the web about a problem with the Didi app or about false positives. Is the Didi app working now with US credit cards? I'm not sure I'll even need ride sharing on an upcoming trip to China, but I thought I'd be prepared.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by txirish
Any updates on this topic? I downloaded the Didi app for Android from the Google Play Store, and my malware checker flagged it as spyware. I removed it, but couldn't find anything on the web about a problem with the Didi app or about false positives. Is the Didi app working now with US credit cards? I'm not sure I'll even need ride sharing on an upcoming trip to China, but I thought I'd be prepared.
I have just used SGD cards for Didi using iPhone apps for 3 trips in Shanghai. There wasn't any problem with it. Have a good trip to China.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:26 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by johnathome
Flying to PVG next week. Would like to use didi. Loaded my Amex card and seemed to work. Is there a special area in PVG to pick up didi cars? Like a dedicated car share area I should look for? Thanks
Can anyone confirm if there is a special area for Didi pickup? I read somewhere that there is some difficulty to pickup curbside so the drivers like to go pickup in the parking garage, which makes it slightly challenging since I don't know the layout.

Any input appreciated.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I used Didi during the last few days in Shanghai. I had trouble getting an invoice and Didi customer service told me to log out then login again.

I tried several times while in PVG and now back in the USA but I never get a verification code. Without a verification code I cannot get to Didi CS.

How can I contact Didi to resolve my issue?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Can anyone confirm if there is a special area for Didi pickup? I read somewhere that there is some difficulty to pickup curbside so the drivers like to go pickup in the parking garage, which makes it slightly challenging since I don't know the layout.

Any input appreciated.
I wish I had used Didi from the airport to my hotel, but I remember seeing someone suggest you can take the free shuttle to Ramada and from there use the Didi app to reach you hotel.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 6:45 am

So what foreign cards even work? I tried the following with no avail:
  • Chase Sapphire Reserve
  • Chase Ink
  • Discover It
  • Schwab Debit Card

The Chase cards say "Please Contact us to Resolve your issue" and Discover It says Refused. These are popup toast messages within the Didi app.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:48 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by dmo580
  • Chase Sapphire Reserve
  • Chase Ink
  • Discover It
  • Schwab Debit Card

The Chase cards say "Please Contact us to Resolve your issue" and Discover It says Refused. These are popup toast messages within the Didi app.
Having the same problem. Tried Chase cards, Schwab, and even my UK and PL cards but all give me that error message. And Didi support is useless.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I can't get the confirmation texts either. Can't sign in.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:03 pm

• Chase Sapphire Reserve
  • Chase Ink
  • Discover It
  • Schwab Debit Card

Chase Amazon Rewards Visa triggered the Verified by Visa process which failed initially.
After calling Verified by Visa, they had me resubmit the request which then succeeded.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by jadventure2777
Chase Amazon Rewards Visa triggered the Verified by Visa process which failed initially.
After calling Verified by Visa, they had me resubmit the request which then succeeded.
how did you contact verified by visa? Do you have the phone #? Or is it just the number on the back of your card?
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:05 am

how did you contact verified by visa? Do you have the phone #? Or is it just the number on the back of your card?
When verification process fails, an 8xx number is included in the message.

When I first landed in Shenzhen, Didi app indicated servers were down. by the 3rd day, I was able to access. Not sure why.
Successfully made 6 Didi trips over the following 3 days while in Shenzhen.
Default chat phrases came in helpful. Only had 1 driver cancel when we weren't able to connect due to pickup location confusion. Connected with another driver within a couple minutes.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by jadventure2777
When verification process fails, an 8xx number is included in the message.

When I first landed in Shenzhen, Didi app indicated servers were down. by the 3rd day, I was able to access. Not sure why.
Successfully made 6 Didi trips over the following 3 days while in Shenzhen.
Default chat phrases came in helpful. Only had 1 driver cancel when we weren't able to connect due to pickup location confusion. Connected with another driver within a couple minutes.

Bah. I don’t get that unforutunately. Just an error message. See image below.

Spoiler

Last edited by Wise-Broccoli8301; Dec 22, 2017 at 11:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.