Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most miles driven during rental?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Most miles driven during rental?

Just been thinking about this so thought I would put the question out.

What is the most miles you have driven in one rental with national and over how many days?

I drove a Ford Mustang convertible 1187 from LAX to San Fran then back down the PCH To and around LA in April 2016. Over 7 days.

Did the rental company say anything about the mileage or even stop you renting from them again?
m907 likes this.

Last edited by Wadda; Feb 25, 2018 at 4:27 pm
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:08 am

It's not really specific to National, so belongs in the Rental Car Discussion thread.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
About 4k miles in 7 days. Used Sixt and was on a brand new 5 series.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:36 am

Last year, I put 8,437 miles on an AWD Durango from LAS-MIA. I had to chase snow and ice storms around the country before ending up in MIA, all for work. I’ve actually done another one way from BOS-DSM with 4000 something miles, and a round trip from LAS with 7000+ miles in 2015 and 2016 for the same purposes at work.

Long story short, I’m an airline operations auditor, and oftentimes it’s way easier to drive between airports, than fly to base and back, especially when trying to chase and time snowstorms. It was defintely some fun times though.
m907 and cuthroat like this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
My last few rentals have been 1,050-1,200 miles across 3 days. Driving between two offices where non-stop flights aren't an option.

My backside hurts just thinking about it.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: Avios, Mileage Plus, Elevate, Skywards
Nearly 10,000 Miles in 21 days on Mainland Europe in an Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 TDI with Europcar. Best trip ever!
Old Feb 23, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
1900 miles in 4 days (picked up and dropped off at SeaTac back in 1985.)
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:19 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I range between 8k and 12k miles per month on rentals...
Old Feb 24, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold

46641 miles in 10 months. Had a BMW 320d (two actually) from AVIS over this period. They then cancelled the extension, and banned me from hiring from them. Still they send me emails saying they miss me, and offering Weekend incentives to hire from them. I've send emails to the Chief exec (Managed to find the email online) + UK HQ (though 2 years later still waiting to hear back whether I can rent from then again. Tried to make a booking at my local offie two weeks but they said until the transacation had gone through they wouldnt be able to tell me for sure. So I said if I pay for it and you then decline me do I get a refund to which the answer was I would have to deal with Head Office to get a refund!!

So, I now use mainly Enterprise though despite selecting Unsubscribe from the AVIS website I still get emails from them!!
Anyway, sorry for the rant
ML
Old Feb 24, 2018, 12:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt. Marriott. AA. National. Avis.
Originally Posted by Mountlodge
46641 miles in 10 months. Had a BMW 320d (two actually) from AVIS over this period. They then cancelled the extension, and banned me from hiring from them.
ML
Legend. Absolute legend.
spamman808, KenTarmac and cuthroat like this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: Starwood Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Flying Blue Plat,Hertz Plat
I have a few records:

Most miles in shortest time: During the power outage in Atlanta, I drove a rental car 800 miles in 14 hours from Florida, handed the keys to the desk agent at the airport in Charlotte and said “thanks for getting me home when Delta let me down. Again.”

Most over due was a Cadillac Escalade that I happened to really, really like. It was five weeks over due. I started to get the threatening letters when it was about three weeks over due. Sorry Hertz.

Most miles on a single car was about 7000. Depending on where I am, I’ll keep the cars until they need major maintenance — sometimes even just leave them at the terminal for a few days until I come back to the city.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: AS 75K
12000+

Not with National, and not anywhere near 44k miles, but my fiancé and I put over 12000 miles on a Nissan Versa two summers back. Picked it up in Santa Barbara and meandered are way to Vermont and back and everywhere in between. It took 36 days, and was a pretty flipping good trip.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 5:07 am

We've done a 5 day stretch on Route 66. Did not pay attention to mileage! Guess I should.
We are planning a road trip from Oregon to NH next year, that will likely be our longest.
Usually do one way rentals so never accumulate points with Enterprise.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
7,750 Miles/7 Days

Avis Hyundai Sonata. Was impressed with the mileage, around 35 MPG at 70+ MPH average.
They were not pleased when I returned the car with that many miles on it.
Did it with no coffee or caffeine (or any other drugs), averaging a little over 16 hours a day of driving.
cuthroat likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by NCLSEA123
Last year, I put 8,437 miles on an AWD Durango from LAS-MIA. I had to chase snow and ice storms around the country before ending up in MIA, all for work. I’ve actually done another one way from BOS-DSM with 4000 something miles, and a round trip from LAS with 7000+ miles in 2015 and 2016 for the same purposes at work.

Long story short, I’m an airline operations auditor, and oftentimes it’s way easier to drive between airports, than fly to base and back, especially when trying to chase and time snowstorms. It was defintely some fun times though.
Ok, I need to understand the routing and calculations on this. I know you mention Las Vegas to Miami and 8,437 miles. Please explain. Going LAS-SEA-ORD-PWM-MIA and that was still under 6,000 miles and is one of the most indirect routes you could possible take. Direct this trip is under 2,800 miles
BOS-DSM is 1300 miles direct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.