Search

Place to Daven in LHR T5

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2011, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Place to Daven in LHR T5

Flying JFK-LHR-TLV with BA
Where is a good place to daven without invoking a terrorism threat?
NB - I am in CW and have access to the lounge.
Thanks
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:39 pm
Suspended

I just look for a unused gate area or go to the Lounge.Never had any problems doing so anywhere in Europe
Old Sep 15, 2011, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Never had an issue in Europe, including LHR. When I fly EWR-LHR-TLV, I don't even look for an unused gate. Just daven by the gate. There will be others.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 8:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Never had an issue in Europe, including LHR. When I fly EWR-LHR-TLV, I don't even look for an unused gate. Just daven by the gate. There will be others.
I look for an empty gate simply so it will be quiet, which wont ever be the case by a TLV gate and so I can spread my stuff out.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by craz
I look for an empty gate simply so it will be quiet, which wont ever be the case by a TLV gate and so I can spread my stuff out.
If I were going to daven b'yichidut, I'd understand. But considering there will invariably be a minyan, that's why I usually daven there. Just like when I daven in ZRH I don't daven right next to the gate, but if you go to the TLV gate, you will see a bunch of people davening off to the side. Not in the thick of things, but still near the gate
Old Sep 17, 2011, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Thanks, chevre. T5 B lounge did the trick.
Shavua Tov.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.