Wiki Posts
Search

Shaving in the 9 days

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2008, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL; SPG Plat; HH Diamond
Shaving in the 9 days

This has got to be the perfect place where proffesionals can share different psakim on shaving during the 3 weeks / 9 days.

Where can i find reliable information with regard to the 9 days in particular? The 3 weeks is less of a halachic problem and for me hasn't been a problem this year at all. However the 9 days is proving much more difficult with an important meeting pending.......
Old Jul 28, 2008, 12:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by arir
This has got to be the perfect place where proffesionals can share different psakim on shaving during the 3 weeks / 9 days.

Where can i find reliable information with regard to the 9 days in particular? The 3 weeks is less of a halachic problem and for me hasn't been a problem this year at all. However the 9 days is proving much more difficult with an important meeting pending.......
Theres really only 1 place to get an answer for this your LOR (Local Orthrodox Rabbi) if you dont have 1 then PM me and I will try to hook you up with 1
Old Jul 29, 2008, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by arir

Ok. You got me on this one. Care to brief us on this topic.

Thanks.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 9:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dhammer53
Ok. You got me on this one. Care to brief us on this topic.

Thanks.
there are a few dont dos starting with this Fri night that lasts until mid day 8/11.

Except for Saturday (also Fri night) no eating of meat ( or chicken) there some ways it may be done but not by an individual on their own

no listening to music although many adhere that this started 2 Sundays ago

no haircuts , no shaving (there are some Rabbis that will allow it under certain very limited circumstances) many stopped it also 2 Sundays ago.

Basically there is a 3 week morning period this yr from 7/20-8/11 it becomes more strigent on 8/2 and ends on the 24 hr (really 25 hr) Fast Day of Tish B-Av 9th of AV which is sort of like Yom Kippur as its a 24 hr fast, no shoes to be worn, no food/drink intake, however those proabitions that apply to a Yom Tov or Shabbos are permitted, thusly driving a car or using electricity is permissable.

The 9th of AV is the day that Both of the Temples were destroyed, a day of Mourning

Last edited by craz; Jul 29, 2008 at 10:06 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.