FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   Another big night giveaway? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/1342973-another-big-night-giveaway.html)

jair101 May 9, 2012 6:51 am

Anyone remeber if last year was ok for a couple to stay 2 days in a row and check-in/check-out each day, thus earning the bonus for both of them?

T&C seem to indicate that consecutive stay is counted as one, but im not sure if it is the case when the name on the reservation is different the second day.

charms81 May 9, 2012 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Firewind (Post 18539259)
This has the potential to be a killer, or at least to change the dynamics. While we found out that it wasn't necessary last round to jump on it immediately, slickdeals usually shouts it out to the world, so it could be a snooze/lose situation this time. (I haven't looked at how slickdeals portrays it. That will affect the dynamic, as well.)

Slickdeals cheapa**es don't matter in such deals where they need to spend real money for stays at Radisson in lieu for points. Put a thread there about a price mistake or cheating someone and they would be busy spending days thinking of how to rip off a genuine offer and then complaining that the merchant didn't honor and is bad, they have the right to cheat them, etc etc.

So for this deal, you're safe!

travelkid May 9, 2012 7:15 am

Originally Posted by jair101 (Post 18541376)
Anyone remeber if last year was ok for a couple to stay 2 days in a row and check-in/check-out each day, thus earning the bonus for both of them?

T&C seem to indicate that consecutive stay is counted as one, but im not sure if it is the case when the name on the reservation is different the second day.

That will work fine^

Why not btw? Drop by the front desk and just request to keep the room, and separate checks.

zukkobaby May 9, 2012 7:52 am

In lieu of phantom

Sorry I used the wrong name, there is one COUNTRY INN in the KC metro. I will probably just find a weekend when I have time to drive there, check in and check out the next morning. I have limited travel plans during the May 15 - July 15 timeframe, and two small kids, so everyone who has vacation days to burn, how about keep your being judgemental to yourself. In lieu of phantom stays, I'm hoping at the very least I can book a room at a city with a Radisson, and another stay at a Park Inn, and ask the hotel to a guest's name to the room... Close friend or family. They get a stay, I get the points... Anyone think that will work or not work? Someone who screens the T&C?

marilynsmiles May 9, 2012 7:58 am

Originally Posted by jair101 (Post 18541376)

That's exactly what I did for the promotion in December. Booked two separate nights under each Club Carlson account. FD even offered to keep us in the same room for both nights to make it easier. No hiccups in getting the points.

FlyHigh23 May 9, 2012 8:02 am

I'm trying to figure out how I can stack this with multiple accts since CC points can be transferred between accts for free. I don't want to bother my friends/family with my points obsession by having them make accounts/check-in.

Would it be possible to make an account under (insert random name) then make a reservation and call the hotel to add yourself on the reservation so you can check-in, while crediting the points to (insert random name's) account and then xfer it over to yours?

ljknecht570 May 9, 2012 9:26 am

This all seems great but one thing--The first 100,000 to complete it get the points. So you don't know if you are one of the first until you check out and get your points.
I did the one last time and it worked perfect. Stayed for our aniversary. We are using the points for Myrtle beach this summer.
Worth it if I get 50,000--not if I only get 15,000

onthego15 May 9, 2012 9:37 am

Originally Posted by ljknecht570 (Post 18542295)
This all seems great but one thing--The first 100,000 to complete it get the points. So you don't know if you are one of the first until you check out and get your points.
I did the one last time and it worked perfect. Stayed for our aniversary. We are using the points for Myrtle beach this summer.

As far as I know everyone who signed up last time, even latecomers, received 50,000 points. At least I don't remember seeing a report of anyone getting only 15,000. If the 100,000 limit has been reached, the promo page will say so. So, you will know before you make a booking.
One thing we learned last time is that Club Carlson is rather efficient and prompt. Folks received their bonus points long before the terms and conditions said they would.

Zamboni Driver May 9, 2012 9:40 am

Originally Posted by onthego15 (Post 18542350)
As far as I know everyone who signed up last time, even latecomers, received 50,000 points. At least I don't remember seeing a report of anyone getting only 15,000. If the 100,000 limit has been reached, the promo page will say so. So, you will know before you make a booking.
One thing we learned last time is that Club Carlson is rather efficient and prompt. Folks received their bonus points long before the terms and conditions said they would.

I second that - the limitation is on the front-end, meaning that if you are able to register, you are eligible for the promo. The registration itself is limited to the first 100K participants.

ljknecht570 May 9, 2012 9:44 am

I went back and reread the T&C. I read it wrong the first time! Thanks for the clarification!

mrredskin May 9, 2012 10:18 am

Originally Posted by charms81 (Post 18541436)
Slickdeals cheapa**es don't matter in such deals where they need to spend real money for stays at Radisson in lieu for points. Put a thread there about a price mistake or cheating someone and they would be busy spending days thinking of how to rip off a genuine offer and then complaining that the merchant didn't honor and is bad, they have the right to cheat them, etc etc.

So for this deal, you're safe!

i check slickdeals multiple times a day and i spend real money on stays. you should rethink your viewpoints on certain "groups" of people. are you angry because you've missed out on many deals, previously?

also, how is your view towards slickdealers any different from what FTers do with mistake fares and fighting those til the death when issuers can their tickets???

charms81 May 9, 2012 10:46 am

Originally Posted by mrredskin (Post 18542622)
i check slickdeals multiple times a day and i spend real money on stays. you should rethink your viewpoints on certain "groups" of people. are you angry because you've missed out on many deals, previously?

also, how is your view towards slickdealers any different from what FTers do with mistake fares and fighting those til the death when issuers can their tickets???

I'm an hardcore SD'er myself. I'm talking about the 90% of the ppl there. I understand your feelings and my comment was may be not geared towards you. You're the 1%, ok 10% :).

I never lose out on deals because majority genuine ones are not SD'ers target. I have been on SD since 2005 and seen it go from top to bottom in terms of the quality of audience. I would also not ever want to target the current average SD'er user for my business. Typical SD'er audience is currently the target (non-targeted, inbound) users for Groupon and that is why groupon is heading towards - extinction.

About airfare mistakes - the playground is a bit different since the recipient businesses are huge corporations and they have measures to handle these issues. Also, airline industry is better laid out in terms of policies and terms unlike the small business/ mom-pops sellers/ etc on SD.

Again, it is against my ethics to jump on the bandwagon for purely financial benefits since karma is a ..... and I may be on receiving end one day.

Also, I think majority of FT is geared towards discussions and reviews which greatly help everyone and are not purely monetary in terms.

mrredskin May 9, 2012 11:14 am

Originally Posted by charms81 (Post 18542812)
I'm an hardcore SD'er myself. I'm talking about the 90% of the ppl there. I understand your feelings and my comment was may be not geared towards you. You're the 1%, ok 10% :).

I never lose out on deals because majority genuine ones are not SD'ers target. I have been on SD since 2005 and seen it go from top to bottom in terms of the quality of audience. I would also not ever want to target the current average SD'er user for my business. Typical SD'er audience is currently the target (non-targeted, inbound) users for Groupon and that is why groupon is heading towards - extinction.

About airfare mistakes - the playground is a bit different since the recipient businesses are huge corporations and they have measures to handle these issues. Also, airline industry is better laid out in terms of policies and terms unlike the small business/ mom-pops sellers/ etc on SD.

Again, it is against my ethics to jump on the bandwagon for purely financial benefits since karma is a ..... and I'll may be on receiving end one day.

Also, I think majority of FT is geared towards discussions and reviews which greatly help everyone and are not purely monetary in terms.

my bad. you made a generalization so it came across as an analogy of SDer:Bad. but yes some take it to extremes. anyway, too much OT.

so has it been confirmed, yet, that you must book a res AFTER registering for the promo for it to count? i'd like to do a stay/park/fly package but will be flying on 13th. i was going to call the manager at that radisson to inquire about the parking portion being on the front-end of the res. but, if it's required that i only get the 50k after registering and then making a res, then it could complicate the issue even more!

aviator8 May 9, 2012 11:17 am

Originally Posted by ljknecht570 (Post 18542295)

I am pretty sure that this is the first 100k who register for the promor, not the first 100K to complete the conditions of the promo.

benzemalyonnais May 9, 2012 11:37 am

I just got a 25% off code for a 3-day sale which would work if advance reservations are permitted. Code is LMD25OFF. Now let's wait and see which blogger takes this and plasters it all over their blog.